cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

none

Highlighted
Established Member

none

 

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 793Trans Fico
Goal Score: 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 64
Highlighted
Established Member

none



Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 793Trans Fico
Goal Score: 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 64
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 500 to 830 SCORE IN 8 MONTHS #2 NEED HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARDS!!!

Take a deep breath and calm down, eso510.Smiley Happy

 

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 33 of 64
Highlighted
Established Member

none

 

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 793Trans Fico
Goal Score: 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 34 of 64
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: 500 to 830 SCORE IN 8 MONTHS #2 NEED HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARDS!!!

au cards on credit reports dont really count as your own because you are not financially responsible. they look at accounts that were opened in your name and the financially responsible one. I would agree with smc you might get a card with a 5k limit depending on other factors on your credit report such as aaoa, inquiries, and utilization not just score

amazon
Message 35 of 64
Highlighted
Established Member

none

 

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 793Trans Fico
Goal Score: 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 36 of 64
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: 500 to 830 SCORE IN 8 MONTHS #2 NEED HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARDS!!!

I think BOA and Citi may give you a good credit line. CITI is pretty generous from what I know. BOA started me with 7,500 when my scores were in the mid 700's.

 

I have a question for you though. You said you were added as joint cardholder to a few cards with an aaoa of 22 years. Which cards were they? I'm asking because when we tried it with CITI and CHASE, we were told the accounts had to be closed and a new application done.

 

eta: Being an AU on a card with a high limit doesn't help. I'm an AU on CITI.  At the time, the CL was 26,000. BOA still gave me 7,500. They did pull Ex and TU. On Ex I still had 1 baddie, TU was clean.


Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

.
Message 37 of 64
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 500 to 830 SCORE IN 8 MONTHS #2 NEED HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARDS!!!

 


@eso510 wrote:

@ficofox wrote:

 

Yes, I know what you meant. I think we're all on the same page ....well, almost all. Smiley Wink

 


No, I guess your on that page on your  own!Smiley Very Happy  If you spent more time working on your score instead of making inaccurate comments you to could have a 793 score too. It kills me how all the HATERS on this site can't keep there uniformed, negative opinions to themselves! I know some of u make stories because your bored,and therefore think everyone else is lying. Everything I have said in my posted is 100% accurate as possible! Im just looking for some info on applying for cards that will approve me for higher limits($6000+), and recent experiences with acquiring limit that fall under the parameters I

laid out. Like I said before I'm new to credit, but very hardworking, a very good reader(Thanks Myfico) and have the finances and persistence that facilitates the increase in score I have recently been blessed to have. Thanks in advance for all the positive, constructive posts.Smiley Very Happy


In my "uniformed" opinion, not everyone has people who will let them benefit from "there" hard work.  Convincing someone to let you benefit from their long history of good credit usage is not the same as hard work, by the way.  It's nice you can do it, but it's hardly indicative of increased effort on your part and failing on others' parts.  Also, your point about others being uninformed would be much less ironic if your post weren't so full of errors.  To your original question: since CCCs have their own factors, including whether you're an authorized user or the credit card holder on the accounts, this is probably a case of "try it and see, good luck".  


Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 64
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 500 to 830 SCORE IN 8 MONTHS #2 NEED HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARDS!!!


@ficonightmare wrote:

I have a question for you though. You said you were added as joint cardholder to a few cards with an aaoa of 22 years. Which cards were they? I'm asking because when we tried it with CITI and CHASE, we were told the accounts had to be closed and a new application done.



IME, this is SOP.  It would be good if OP stated who the accounts were with - if it happened as he/she stated, that's definitely an unusual occurrence and I'm sure folks would want to know about it.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Message 39 of 64
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 500 to 830 SCORE IN 8 MONTHS #2 NEED HIGH LIMIT CREDIT CARDS!!!


@eso510 wrote:

@tsquad131 wrote:

au cards on credit reports dont really count as your own because you are not financially responsible. they look at accounts that were opened in your name and the financially responsible one. I would agree with smc you might get a card with a 5k limit depending on other factors on your credit report such as aaoa, inquiries, and utilization not just score

 


my aaoa is 12 years/  have 1 inq on eq and tu.  0 inq on ex/ and my utilization is 13% now but after payments post it will be under 7%....


None of this matters unless you have your own accounts with age and credit lines this high.  No matter how good the FICO or AU accounts, or installments are, no one is going to be the first person to give you a very large revolving line, regardless of income.  You can grow whatever card you get, but it is highly unlikely you'll get a high limit from the get go.

 

I will agree with others that Citi is probably the most likely to give you a generous line, get that, get a few good CLIs, then you can get others to give comparable lines, and boom, $100k of credit in no time.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 40 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.