Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

omg stupid BOA! Help!

tag
dxz7
Established Member

omg stupid BOA! Help!

So like on friday I called bofa to transfer some of the availible credit lines from one account to my priviliges account, which I have done it before without any hard or soft pulls on my credit score and it shouldn't be since these credit lines were already availible on my other account, i'm just transferring it. So after the rep. asked me a couple of questions about my income, occupation n etc, I made sure with him three times that there wouldn't be any hard pulls before he proceed with the credit line transfer and he said there wouldn't be any hard pulls. But I just got an email from credit karma today that boa pulled a hard inquiry and my score went downn 3 points. Wth? does anyone knoow what should I do now? thanks! Smiley Mad

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: omg stupid BOA! Help!

@dxz7 wrote:

So like on friday I called bofa to transfer some of the availible credit lines from one account to my priviliges account, which I have done it before without any hard or soft pulls on my credit score and it shouldn't be since these credit lines were already availible on my other account, i'm just transferring it. So after the rep. asked me a couple of questions about my income, occupation n etc, I made sure with him three times that there wouldn't be any hard pulls before he proceed with the credit line transfer and he said there wouldn't be any hard pulls. But I just got an email from credit karma today that boa pulled a hard inquiry and my score went downn 3 points. Wth? does anyone knoow what should I do now? thanks! Smiley Mad

Um.......you can call BofA to see if they're willing to remove the inquiry.

Otherwise........it's just 1 inquiry.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
dxz7
Established Member

I already have 7 inquiries within the past 4 months. 

Bofa Privileges with Cash Rewards Visa Signature -11k / Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10k / Chase Freedom - 7k / Hyatt Visa - 5k
Bofa Travel Rewards Card Visa Signature - 7.5k / American Express True Earnings - 5k / Barclay Arrival WorldMaster card - 5k
Message 3 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

@dxz7 wrote:

On the plus side it's just 8 more months until they don't really matter as much.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@dxz7 wrote:

Um.......you can call BofA to see if they're willing to remove the inquiry.

Otherwise........it's just 1 inquiry.

+1

I agree with enharu.  It's possible that their policies may have changed?  To you, the CL allocation may simply appear as transparent by exposure.  To them, it is actually shifting a CL position from one product to another leveraging some exposure by product-type which may result in a HP.  Perhaps the CSR may not have been fully aware that such change would result in pulling a CR...just my guess.

Message 5 of 14
dxz7
Established Member

@enharu wrote:

@dxz7 wrote:

On the plus side it's just 8 more months until they don't really matter as much.

I was pisssed off because I was planning on applying for the hyatt card in december since I got denied in july due to too many inquiries, and now bofa just added one more afterr the rep. told me there wont be any pulls

Message 6 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

BofA should have pulled TU for CLI / credit consolidation purposes. Which bureau did Chase pull?

Message 7 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

I'm not saying BofA is right or anything. You can always call them to have them remove it. Even if they won't, there's nothing much you can do.

And regardless of whether its 6 or 7 inquiries over a span of 6 months, it's still quite a lot, unless it was due to auto loan or mortgage. The difference between having 6 or 7 is really minimal. Your best bet is to age them till they are at least 1 year old, or 6 months if everything else on your CR is solid (such as relatively thick file, no derogs, very low utilization, etc).
Message 8 of 14
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

They've been doing this for at least two years now.. They see it as a credit limit increase(and it is), so they pull and see if you qualify. I doubt they'll remove it just because someone said there would be no inquiry.

Message 9 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Boa has been posting and removing inqs on peoples' CK accts lately. Give it a week and see if it's still there. Then call 'em. Or call the CRA and kiss some azz. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.