Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one day late on boa credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

one day late on boa credit card

i was one day late on paying my boa credit card, does boa count that as a 30 day late? i know chase doesn't but capital one does for example.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: one day late on boa credit card

it won't report to your credit late but it will probably get you a late fee and possible rate increase. i know Chase does!
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
it won't report to your credit late but it will probably get you a late fee and possible rate increase. i know Chase does!

I was a day late on my chase card a few months ago.No late fee was assessed and they said my rate would be 22% if it happened again within the year.

Can't you dispute if they claim 30days and it was less?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

One time I entered the wrong date when I scheduled a payment with BoA, it was 3 days over - not reported.....a late fee and 3 days of interest.
Message 4 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
One time I entered the wrong date when I scheduled a payment with BoA, it was 3 days over - not reported.....a late fee and 3 days of interest.

but no RJ ?
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF they hit you with a late fee, and you haven't paid late at all in the last 12 months, give customer service a call, explain the mistake, and ask them to waive the late fee and the rate-jack (assuming they were even going to hit you with it). I believe that BoA gives you one 'oops' per year without even nailing you with the late fee. I'm fairly certain that this wouldn't count as a 30 day late.
Message 6 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

i thought cap1 gave a second chance.

i remember reading 'we won't raise the apr on your account because you pay late once...' or something like that on their cc disclosures.  they won't raise the apr but they'll report a 1 day as a 30?  i hope not.

i know they track it internally even if they don't report it but i would be surpried to find boa reports an isolated instance of a 1 day late as a 30 to rhe cra's.

@Anonymous wrote:
i was one day late on paying my boa credit card, does boa count that as a 30 day late? i know chase doesn't but capital one does for example.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 15
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I was late on GEMB Care Credit by TWO HOURS and got a $35 late fee.  I'm not going to take it lying down.  I'm going to call and grovel....you might do the same.

Usually they give one forgiveness each year.

Message 8 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

BofA gave me a get out of jail free card after I missed a payment by a day. I usually pay every 2 weeks (payday), and the previous month had 3 paydays, and I got out of synch. I called up and blathered, and they re-instated the 0% BT APR. (I had cheerfully agreed to pay the late fee, and had already done so.) They did say that this was a one-time pardon, and next time, no forgiveness.

No report to the CRA's, no change in BT APR; $39 was a small fee to pay for carelessness.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 15
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

And just my two cents, but if you're truly "only" 1 day late on any credit card, they can't report you as 30 days late with the bureaus. (Unless you consider 31 days late as 1 day late--in that case they'll almost certainly report.)
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.