Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying a best buy card with another credit card

tag
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

paying a best buy card with another credit card

My wife got a Best Buy card which I am going to pay off.  In setting it up, it says I can use either a debit card or credit card for a payment.  I've never seen this before - using one credit card to pay off another (it used to be a joke).  Can I really collect points from, say Navy (2%) if I use it to pay on another card?  Sounds weird to me.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
8ways2learn
Valued Member

Re: paying a best buy card with another credit card

I just checked mine and There is no option to use a credit card.

Message 2 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would go back and reread that. I don't think that's right.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 17
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I've never seen an option like that for any card. Not to mention the fact that paying a CC with another CC seems like high potential for a bad snowball effect lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 17
jcooks
Established Contributor

That's manufactured spending on a whole other level lol.  I agree with others that it's too good to be true. 

Message 5 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@W261w261 wrote:

My wife got a Best Buy card which I am going to pay off.  In setting it up, it says I can use either a debit card or credit card for a payment.  I've never seen this before - using one credit card to pay off another (it used to be a joke).  Can I really collect points from, say Navy (2%) if I use it to pay on another card?  Sounds weird to me.

That doesnt seem  right and were it true id highly doubt the lender would allow rewards to be earned that way. Now if you bt from another card into your checking, then in a round about way you are paying a cc with another ccSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 17
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

I just went in and checked again. Frankly, I'd be scared to do this. The Amex Rat squad might go tilt, don't know what the rest would say. 

Screenshot_20220127-084310_Best Buy.jpg

Message 7 of 17
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Screenshot_20220127-084321_Best Buy.jpg

Message 8 of 17
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@W261w261  Could it be adding an additional payment method for the Best Buy store app, and not for best buy credit card?

Message 9 of 17
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@W261w261 wrote:

I just went in and checked again. Frankly, I'd be scared to do this. The Amex Rat squad might go tilt, don't know what the rest would say. 

Screenshot_20220127-084310_Best Buy.jpg

I may be wrong, but this 100% looks like the checkout from your cart.  That isn't the payment section of a credit card bill.  It even shows the 1 item in your cart.

edit: just checked.  You are in the add payment section of your best buy account, not adding a checking account for payment of a bill.  At the top where yours says, "add payment method", it says "add payment source" when you are adding info for paying off your bill. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.