Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying down cc's

tag
keithc
Regular Contributor

paying down cc's

i was reading on AOL this am that americans have paid their cc's to the tune of 2.7 BILLION dollars in feb. maybe the ones with cld's will be restored!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

Re: paying down cc's

"Wishful" thinking.....

Only after the Taxpayer bails out the Credit Card Issuers.

I suspect the pay back of 2.7 Billion cost them a fortune in interest and fees.

To make that up they will continue to raise the APR's hoping they can make some profit. 

Message 2 of 11
keithc
Regular Contributor

you are so right cleanmachine!!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 11
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Wishful thinking.  I'm still waiting on AMEX to restore my CL.  Like an idiot I continue to use them and PIF after they cut my CL in half.  Once I get my cashback, I will be using my Chase Freedom exclusively. 

Message 4 of 11
keithc
Regular Contributor

you are right too-Romoeo!!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too bad they did not wait until March. Suze Orman said not to pay off the CC's anymore, but to save now instead. A total 180 degree turn from what she told Oprah in January. My how two months can change a financial "guru".

Pretty soon that Dave Ramsey dude will start telling people to apply for CC's. LMAO!!!

Message Edited by Pappy214 on 04-09-2009 10:36 AM
Message 6 of 11
keithc
Regular Contributor

i do not know what it is Pappy, but i do not like suze orman!!! she is making money off of other peoples problems!!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@keithc wrote:
i do not know what it is Pappy, but i do not like suze orman!!! she is making money off of other peoples problems!!

I fully agree. In fact most of them are making money off of other peoples problems. Honestly most of those people are not members of this site. I have learned more in the past year of being a member here than watching any financial "expert" yap about crap on TV.  

I feel like writing a book. Chapter One "Join MyFICO and Educate Yourself" and then leave it at that.  

Message 8 of 11
keithc
Regular Contributor

you are so darn right- pappy!!! i have learned more on myfico than any book or person out there!! the only problem- i have become addicted!! the only way to cure my addiction-to get in the 700 club!!
Message 9 of 11
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Amen to that!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.