Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment processing speed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

payment processing speed

I push my payments from my banks to my credit cards. I've used both alliant and PNC to make payments to my navy fed credit card. Navy fed processed the payment from PNC in a day once it's received, but payments from alliant take 3-5 days... why is there such a huge discrepancy? Both alliant and PNC sent paper checks to navy fed..

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: payment processing speed

I don't really know about those banks/CU's specifically, but I do know that some can take 3-5 business days to process your payment. It could also be a matter of actually transferring the payment from one bank to another. 

Message 2 of 4
JNA1
Valued Contributor

You can do an electronic transfer from your bank (external account) to your PNC card and it posts next day. I can’t do it from my app, but I can from the online banking site.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I push my payments from my banks to my credit cards. I've used both alliant and PNC to make payments to my navy fed credit card. Navy fed processed the payment from PNC in a day once it's received, but payments from alliant take 3-5 days... why is there such a huge discrepancy? Both alliant and PNC sent paper checks to navy fed..

Each bill payer service (depending on the bank and/or vendor) may have their own settlement and clearing agreements with each corresponding institution.  

That said, the majority of FIs are typically set up under the ACH process. 

Zelle is another option depending on the participating institution. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.