Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment taking a long time to hit account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

payment taking a long time to hit account

i scheduled a payment from wells fargo checking to navy fed credit card 6 days ago. I've paid this way before and the payment still hasn't hit my account. At what point should i stop worrying, and if the payment indeed doesn't show up in my account, do i just call both banks to see what happened? thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: payment taking a long time to hit account

If the payment usually posts much more quickly, then I would call both banks now. It never hurts to call, and maybe customer service can put your mind at ease about what happened.

Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal push payments are often sent as check in mail. I found this out the hard way a few months back when I pushed payment from my bank. I messaged NFCU and they informed me that they may hold checks for 7-10 days but they always credit them as of the date on the check and adjust any late fees if any are applied. Since then I have just always pulled NFCU payments.
Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

i scheduled a payment from wells fargo checking to navy fed credit card 6 days ago. I've paid this way before and the payment still hasn't hit my account. At what point should i stop worrying, and if the payment indeed doesn't show up in my account, do i just call both banks to see what happened? thanks!

Hi @Anonymous, if you made the payment via Wells Fargo's bill pay, start off by calling them first.  They'll be able to tell you how it was paid (ACH or paper check) and if by paper check they will be able to see if it's cleared.

Based on the feedback you get from the WF rep, then reach-out to NFCU to see if they've received anything (and by talking to WF first, you'll know specifically what to ask the NFCU rep about).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.