cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please explain USAA's cash advance options such as a debit card cash advance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: please explain USAA's cash advance options such as a debit card cash advance

I had to get a CC with USAA to be able to use this feature. I certainly didn't need another new account, but it comes in handy.

I bought an epson all-n-one. I spent about 99 on it and should have saved my money. Now I need to go purchase a new one since the paper jammed and I can no longer get any of the functions to work until it is cleared. (The paper jams up if I don't feed less than 4 sheets at a time in it, grrrrr)

Be sure you do some investigating when purchasing one of those things. I did some homework, but undoubtedly, not enough!

Message 11 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: please explain USAA's cash advance options such as a debit card cash advance

With USAA, it depends on whether what you're doing counts as a transfer or not.

If I move money from my account into my kids' accounts, or vice versa, or if I pull money from my HELOC or make a payment to it, it's instant. The new balance shows as soon as I click through the transaction screen. If I make a payment to a CC, it takes a day or so for my balance to be lowered and for the payment to post. Same when I'm moving money to or from my Roth. I *think* that moving money to and from my MMF is instant, but I start getting tangled up on that. (I accumulate money in the MMF until I buy another CD.)

There are times that I've just had to call and have them hold my hand and walk me through the whole process.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. If I move money between my accounts (savings, checking or DD's checking) those are instant.

If I pay my CC or my auto loan or car insurance that I have with USAA it takes a few days for those to show up.

The only thing that was instant is the deposit at home and USAA account transfer's. If I pushed money from Chase to USAA, that also took a couple of days to show up. (Plus chase charges a $4 fee to do so)

And of course the cash advance was instant, but I still would only do it in an emergency situation. I guess in the current credit climate it looks bad to be doing cash advances and could possibly get an account closed down depending on the lender.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.