Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

please help

ON MY CREDIT REPORT I HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH BOFA THAT ACCOUNT IS NO MINE BOFA
REPORT IT FOR TWO MONTHS AND I GUESS THEY FIGURE OUT THAT THEY WERE REPORTING TO THE WRONG PERSON AND STOP. THE ACCOUNT IS PAID ON TIME BUT IT HAS A HIGH BALANCE BUT  THE ACCOUNT IS 4 YEARS OLD THAT MAKE IT THE OLDEST ACCOUNT ON MY REPORT.
WHAT SHOULD I DO CALL BOFA TO REMOVE IT OR JUST LEAVE IT THERE. IF I REMOVE IT I WILL LOSE THE AGE BUT IT ALSO HAD A HIGH BALANCE WHEN THEY STOP REPORTING LIKE 95% UTI. WHAT WILL BE BETTER FOR MY SCORE .

Edit by cheddar to remove empty post.

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-21-2008 01:08 PM

Message Edited by carlos1102 on 06-21-2008 01:09 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: please help

THANKS CHEDDAR
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely dispute it.

Who's to say that the owner won't re-open it and then rack up a late. Besides, 95% utilization is the kiss of death...if that's your only revolving account that can do you 60 to 80 points of damage.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is best to lower the util. Or keep the age on that account.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute it off, u dont' need anything to come back on you later!
Message 5 of 7
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

It's always better to be proactive then reactive. Smiley Indifferent Anyway , dispute it now instead of trying to dispute it later when it causes you to get denied.
Message 6 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Definitely dispute it.

Who's to say that the owner won't re-open it and then rack up a late. Besides, 95% utilization is the kiss of death...if that's your only revolving account that can do you 60 to 80 points of damage.

I agree completely.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.