cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre-approval for cards I do not qualify for ??

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

pre-approval for cards I do not qualify for ??

Amex is offering me the pre-approval for the Plum card Smiley Surprised..I am really confused because I do not qualify for it. It is a business card and I wonder why in world this is happening. The pre-approved card is showing in my account and I could just click on it to process it.  Strange or is this happening to others too ?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: pre-approval for cards I do not qualify for ??

Where are you seeing this on the website?

Message 2 of 13
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

You're not alone - approval for the Plum card has been showing up on my account as well.  And I'm in the same boat as you - I'm not a business owner so I shouldn't be pre-approved for it.

Take comfort in knowing that Amex must really like us!  haha Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 3 of 13
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

I'm not seeing anything, but then again, I haven't been a cardmember for a long time. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CribDuchess wrote:

You're not alone - approval for the Plum card has been showing up on my account as well.  And I'm in the same boat as you - I'm not a business owner so I shouldn't be pre-approved for it.

Hah, well take the Amex offer as a vote of confidence if nothing else Smiley Happy.

        
Message 5 of 13
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Amex is offering me the pre-approval for the Plum card Smiley Surprised..I am really confused because I do not qualify for it. It is a business card and I wonder why in world this is happening. The pre-approved card is showing in my account and I could just click on it to process it.  Strange or is this happening to others too ?

Same here...I've gotten that several times. The app still asks about your business, so if you're not a business owner, I guess you'll be denied. Not really a pre-approval if there's no business...Smiley Tongue.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Same here...I've gotten that several times. The app still asks about your business, so if you're not a business owner, I guess you'll be denied. Not really a pre-approval if there's no business...Smiley Tongue.

indiolation61 DBA indiolatino61?  Can get a business card as self-employed I believe?

        
Message 7 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

Thanks CribDuchess...glad I am not the only one.... I guess we should really feel flattered  Smiley Surprised Heart

Message 8 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

hmmm...a pity Discover does not see your Plum pre-approvals from Amex otherwise they would CLI your IT card immediately ??

Message 9 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

indiolation61 DBA indiolatino61?  Can get a business card as self-employed I believe?

Self-employed? What is the exact definition of self-employed? Still requires a listed and well established business I assume and not some sort of hobby with nearly no income...LOL

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.