Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

psecu credit card question

tag
markcerm
New Contributor

psecu credit card question

Im waiting for the welcome package to get into psecu. My question is what my chances are to get there 20k limit card/loc combo? My EQ score is low 661 TU is 690 and I would say my EX should be 690+ there's really only one baddie on my EX almost 3years old. Last 30 months of payments are perfect. I have only 2 inq on EX one is from psecu to set up the account.  my cc ratio is at 20% but I plan to pay that down to about 3% before I even apply (that should also bump my scores to 700range). Do they request any docs on income? I make 90k being self employed. I need working capital for my business and looked at other type of loans seems like this one would be the best for me. Just don't want to apply for 20k if I don't have a good chance on getting it.

thanks in advance for all your help these forms helped me achieve something I didn't even know was possible to think IM  a month away and all scores will be  700

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Re: psecu credit card question

They check Experian and based on what you think your EX score is, you have a pretty good shot at least at the 10/10 combo. I think my EX score was around 690-ish when I applied and was approved for the 5/5 combo (my income is lower than yours and I have an old BK on record). They didn't request proof of income until I applied for a car loan.

I'd say go for it.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Message 2 of 6
Amnesia87
Contributor

@markcerm wrote:

Im waiting for the welcome package to get into psecu. My question is what my chances are to get there 20k limit card/loc combo? My EQ score is low 661 TU is 690 and I would say my EX should be 690+ there's really only one baddie on my EX almost 3years old. Last 30 months of payments are perfect. I have only 2 inq on EX one is from psecu to set up the account.  my cc ratio is at 20% but I plan to pay that down to about 3% before I even apply (that should also bump my scores to 700range). Do they request any docs on income? I make 90k being self employed. I need working capital for my business and looked at other type of loans seems like this one would be the best for me. Just don't want to apply for 20k if I don't have a good chance on getting it.

thanks in advance for all your help these forms helped me achieve something I didn't even know was possible to think IM  a month away and all scores will be  700

I just applied for the 10/10 yesterday, and they did say they require proof of income for out of state, I had already sent the documents in with my application so they were able to approve me on the spot (no instant approval, so I did have to call in, but thats okay with me ^_^)

My income is only 30k, and I got approved for 10/10, my util is about 9% which is like 500/5300. I don't know my EX score yet, but my EQ is 737 right now.

Id say try to get your ratio to like 10-15%, and make sure you can provide proof of income, but other than that I'd say you have a good shot.

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Message 3 of 6
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

They seem to really care about DTI (and they include rent payments). My Util is only ~6%, but my DTI is ~50% (including my rent payment) and they wouldn't approve me for anything.

Message 4 of 6
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

They seem to concentrate very heavily on income -- first they wanted paystubs and W2s for two years, and then they asked for two years worth of tax returns.

Message 5 of 6
markcerm
New Contributor

thanks for the replies I called psecu today to find out about membership they said welcome packet is in the mailSmiley Happy Do they request w2s for everyone that applies to the CCs or just out of state members?

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.