pushing a relatively large payment to Amex

tag
micvite
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex charge card pay multiple times v once

@Remedios wrote:

@micvite wrote:

@Remedios 

So just wanted to put out a DP for what you were saying earlier as to what amex would tolerate... im not per se a bad customer, just had mayhe 8 mo of not PIF on gold card and low credit score (always payed min due, just had super high balances across the board). Recently was making a close to 7k purchase and wanted to use my MR offer for it so had to use my amex gold card with a 2k SL, called in to make a 7k payment so it would completely cover that transaction and my dinner for the night, was told I couldn't. The max they'd accept was 5500 and some change (basically a total inflated SL of 7k, which thankfully was enough). Had to have them call bank to verify funds availability which is never an issue and they made the payment available for immediate use. Was able to immediately make a other payment following the transaction, but it definitely rubbed them the wrong way I didn't PIF haha... on my BCED, few months after I got it, I made a 15k overpayment and used it to buy a car in full, so just to put things into perspective. 

@micvite  I don't know how comfortable you are with this idea, but have you considered allowing them access to your (or at least one of them) checking account? 

You can do it online, and you can kick them out at any time (except that requires a call). 

I'm perfectly fine doing that, I'm just concerned it might cause more harm than good. All of my income is from cash(mainly), zelle, cashapp, venmo, etc. On top of that my bank account fluctuates pretty wildly haha, and while on an upward trend, I'm not sure if that makes me look financially irresponsible or too volatile for a credit card companies liking... for example I was at 35k 2 weeks ago, which quickly dropped to 25k then 11k and now I'm back to 28k and should be up to 45-50 by the end of the month. 

Ex: 742, TU: 726, EQ: 733 03/31/2021
Discover it cashback: $10900
Citi DC: $13000
WF Propel: closed 2k
Amex BCED: $3000
Amex Gold: $NPSL
Amex Plat: NPSL
Cap1 QS: $3200
Cap1 VX $50k
VS CC: $2900
Kohls: $3000
Synchrony car care: $3000
citi best buy visa: $8500
Message 51 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.