Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about PC: blue cash to blue cash everyday

tag
drock
Valued Member

question about PC: blue cash to blue cash everyday

Hi All,

I've been an Amex customer for 10 years, but went a few years with no amex card. Then, last June I applied for zync, october for delta gold, april for blue cash (at which point I closed the zync and applied for PR gold because of better points system for my needs). On a separate note, I also applied and received the chase freedom card in april. This sounds like a lot, but I was really just trying to get the right cards and I plan on keeping these for the long haul. I PIF all of my cards every month. 

Needless to say, within weeks of receiving my blue cash, they announced the blue cash everyday and blue cash preferred. I know that I cannot, nor do I want to, switch to the preferred until I've had my blue cash for 13 months. However, we use the blue cash card as our household card (groceries, dining out, etc) and I really don't think we're going to reach the $6500 mark in time to make the 5% we'd then receive worth it when we could be getting 3% on groceries year round. So, I'm interested in PC'ing to the blue cash everyday. My questions are: is it too soon for amex to feel comfortable switching me (i think 13 month rule doesn't apply because there's no AF, right?), will this cause an FR because I've been so active with applying (don't want the headache!), and lastly, will my dates and account number stay the same (this is important to me!)? 

Thanks for your input!

Starting Score: 683
Current Scores: fico (not fako) as of 06/23/12 - tu-772, eq-728, ex-???
Goal Score: 750 across all 3 CBs

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: question about PC: blue cash to blue cash everyday

@drock wrote:

Hi All,

I've been an Amex customer for 10 years, but went a few years with no amex card. Then, last June I applied for zync, october for delta gold, april for blue cash (at which point I closed the zync and applied for PR gold because of better points system for my needs). On a separate note, I also applied and received the chase freedom card in april. This sounds like a lot, but I was really just trying to get the right cards and I plan on keeping these for the long haul. I PIF all of my cards every month. 

Needless to say, within weeks of receiving my blue cash, they announced the blue cash everyday and blue cash preferred. I know that I cannot, nor do I want to, switch to the preferred until I've had my blue cash for 13 months. However, we use the blue cash card as our household card (groceries, dining out, etc) and I really don't think we're going to reach the $6500 mark in time to make the 5% we'd then receive worth it when we could be getting 3% on groceries year round. So, I'm interested in PC'ing to the blue cash everyday. My questions are: is it too soon for amex to feel comfortable switching me (i think 13 month rule doesn't apply because there's no AF, right?), will this cause an FR because I've been so active with applying (don't want the headache!), and lastly, will my dates and account number stay the same (this is important to me!)? 

Thanks for your input!

Amex has now started allowing PC from Blue Cash to the Everyday/Preferred for accounts younger than 13 months. I say if you want it, go for it! Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
drock
Valued Member

But do folks think that it could invoke a FR and also, does account info all stay the same? As for the younger than 13 months thing, my understanding is if it's from no AF revolver to no AF revolver, it's ok, but if you're adding a fee then it's a no go. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drock wrote:

But do folks think that it could invoke a FR and also, does account info all stay the same? As for the younger than 13 months thing, my understanding is if it's from no AF revolver to no AF revolver, it's ok, but if you're adding a fee then it's a no go. 

Account info stays the same. I PC'd from Blue Cash to Blue Cash Everyday in my 5th month, and account numbers and everything stayed the same. New card though (looks identical except on the back where it says Blue Cash it now says Blue Cash Everyday).

Message 4 of 8
drock
Valued Member

Thanks for the info. I called and changed it to the everyday card today and they are mailing a new card out this week. thanks again!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!   I believe you will love the Blue Cash Everyday ~  Smiley Wink

* I switched from Blue to Blue Cash Everyday.

Message 6 of 8
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Would I be able to change my Clear card to a Blue Cash Preferred Everyday? I got my Clear card exactly two months ago.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Awesomely wrote:

Would I be able to change my Clear card to a Blue Cash Preferred Everyday? I got my Clear card exactly two months ago.

Sorry ~ I am not sure.   You may better to ask Amex.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.