Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about credit card conversion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question about credit card conversion

hello.

If I change my citi dividend CC to one of their other credit card products, do I still get a hard inquiry on my credit report?  Does converting credit cards have any effect on my credit score? Will my payment history on my current credit card be continued with new credit card that I'm converting into or will it be closed and start a new report?

If your current CC no longer meets your need and would like a different card, in general, What would be a better choice?

1. Close the current account and apply for a different type of CC.

(If I understnd correctly, when CC conversion takes place, you are not eligible for the introductory offers such as 0% APR for 12 months, $100 sign up bonus and so on. 

2. Contact your CCC and see if you can convert your existing CC to a different CC. 

Thank you,

RPG

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: question about credit card conversion

You paymant history will be continued on your new converted card.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hello.

If I change my citi dividend CC to one of their other credit card products, do I still get a hard inquiry on my credit report? Most likely no hard pull  Does converting credit cards have any effect on my credit score? No Will my payment history on my current credit card be continued with new credit card that I'm converting into or will it be closed and start a new report? Yes

If your current CC no longer meets your need and would like a different card, in general, What would be a better choice?

1. Close the current account and apply for a different type of CC.

(If I understnd correctly, when CC conversion takes place, you are not eligible for the introductory offers such as 0% APR for 12 months, $100 sign up bonus and so on. True

2. Contact your CCC and see if you can convert your existing CC to a different CC. I rather convert than apply to new card.

Thank you,

RPG

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Will my payment history on my current credit card be continued with new credit card that I'm converting into or will it be closed and start a new report? Yes"

Is that "Yes" to my first part of the question or the second?

Thank you,

RPG

Message 3 of 4
wmarat
Valued Contributor

You paymant history will be continued on your new converted card.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.