Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about credit cards reporting a balance

tag
Sabrian31487
Regular Contributor

question about credit cards reporting a balance

OK, so lets say that i have a credit card that is going to report on the 15th and a credit card that is going to report on the 30th. The 15th comes by and goes towards my credit report, i pay that amount off after reporting date. Now the 30th comes around and i let that card show a balance, is it going to pop up that i have "to many credit cards reporting a balance" or since i paid my 15th credit card that message should not come up?? Thanks for answers

Discover IT 02/2013 (1000.00),Chase Freedom 02/2013 (3000.00),AmEx Blue Cash Everyday 06/2013 (3000.00)
Citi Simplicity 06/2013 (1000.00)
TU FICO - 718 , CK TU - 738 , Credit.com EX - 727, Quizzle.com - 720, CreditSesame.com - 720

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Re: question about credit cards reporting a balance

Well for that month both those cards reported a balance.

Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Sabrian31487 wrote:

OK, so lets say that i have a credit card that is going to report on the 15th and a credit card that is going to report on the 30th. The 15th comes by and goes towards my credit report, i pay that amount off after reporting date. Now the 30th comes around and i let that card show a balance, is it going to pop up that i have "to many credit cards reporting a balance" or since i paid my 15th credit card that message should not come up?? Thanks for answers

Are you trying to get MAX scoring?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
Sabrian31487
Regular Contributor

Yes I want to get good scoring. But i also want to make sure i dont have any credit cards to go inactive and get cancelled so im trying to find the best way to use multiple credit cards a month.. Ill probably just buy something and then pay in full right away.. That will show activity right?

Discover IT 02/2013 (1000.00),Chase Freedom 02/2013 (3000.00),AmEx Blue Cash Everyday 06/2013 (3000.00)
Citi Simplicity 06/2013 (1000.00)
TU FICO - 718 , CK TU - 738 , Credit.com EX - 727, Quizzle.com - 720, CreditSesame.com - 720

Message 4 of 6
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@Sabrian31487 wrote:

Yes I want to get good scoring. But i also want to make sure i dont have any credit cards to go inactive and get cancelled so im trying to find the best way to use multiple credit cards a month.. Ill probably just buy something and then pay in full right away.. That will show activity right?

Yes. Just make sure one card does report a balance.

Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Sabrian31487 wrote:

example this month pay the 15th card off before the staement cuts and let the 30th card report a balnce 

Next month change which cards reports

For max scoring 1 card reports a balance

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.