Did you mean: 

question on amex backdate

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: question on amex backdate

@corymcd88 wrote:

@mikejoneswala wrote:

I just revieved my new AMEX BCE the member since date says 2014 on the card. When I created the online account it says member since 2007. Does that mean on my credit report it will show since 2007 ?

thanks for your help

Call and ask to be backdated. Were you an AU on the account from '07? If yes, use the account when you call and have it changed. That is what I did.

Yes, if your online date is 2007 Amex will almost certainly be very good about sending you a card that reflects your original AU date. Nice backdate!

Oh, and DON'T SAY BACKDATE! Say you want them to correct your "member since date."

Message 11 of 13
ProV
Regular Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@mikejoneswala wrote:

I just revieved my new AMEX BCE the member since date says 2014 on the card. When I created the online account it says member since 2007. Does that mean on my credit report it will show since 2007 ?

thanks for your help

Call and ask to be backdated. Were you an AU on the account from '07? If yes, use the account when you call and have it changed. That is what I did.

Yes, if your online date is 2007 Amex will almost certainly be very good about sending you a card that reflects your original AU date. Nice backdate!

Oh, and DON'T SAY BACKDATE! Say you want them to correct your "member since date."

I just opened a Amex ED in March, and got my card saying MSD '14.  I've been a corporate card holder since 2004, so after I got the card, I called and made up a bogus question about the MR.  When they were done explaining and asked if there was anything else they could help me with, I asked about my MSD on the website showing 2004, but my card showing '14.  The rep said that my next card would update to the proper MSD.  w/out my knowledge, they sent me a new card with MSD of '04.  First statement should hit this week, so I'm hoping I got the backdate of 2004 (10 years!) .  

Following others advice, I made sure to not mention the words "BACKDATE".  

Message 12 of 13
DELSOL2020
Established Member

I received AMEX Zync card in 2012 the member since date on the card is 2012.  My online account says member since 1987.  My credit reports also show it as open in 1987! 

Current Score: EX 686, EQ 679, TU 724 May 04, 2015
Short Term Goal: EX 700, EQ 700, TU 700
Goal Score: EX 750, EQ 750, TU 750
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.