Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about FICO scores.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

questions about FICO scores.

I ordered 4 snow tires for my car and I was wondering if FICO scores is gonna take a nose dive? or it should be ok as long as its paid off in 2-3 months time frame? I just PIF on hooters mastercard to make room to purchase this ( see below for details )  hooters CL is at $600  or should I be ok? just don't keep checking FICO scores too often ( sometimes i check 2 or 3 times per month ) so maybe I won't check it until I have it near $0 balance.

215/60R16  Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60 
for 2008 Toyota Camry LE 12/06/08 4 $96.00 $384.00 Shipping Sub-Total: $61.02 Sales Tax: $0.00 Excise Tax: $0.00 State Waste Tire Fund Fee: $0.00 Order Total: $445.02
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established Contributor

Re: questions about FICO scores.

@Anonymous wrote:

I ordered 4 snow tires for my car and I was wondering if FICO scores is gonna take a nose dive? or it should be ok as long as its paid off in 2-3 months time frame?

... hooters CL is at $600  or should I be ok? 

Since you have already made the charge,

I wouldn't worry about the score impact. Can you afford to pay $150 on the card immediately? Having less than 50% when the statement drops would be a help. Paying as much as possible the next month would be the next step.

The fact that you used more then 50% of your credit limit will help show a reasonable need for a higher credit limit. Not going above 50% utility will lower the FICO hit. Paying off the entire balance in three months will increase your chances of future credit limit increases.

Don't stress over the FICO score hit. One reason we want good credit scores is so that we can have credit cards. One reason we want credit cards is so that we can actually buy things like new tires.

If you keep using and paying  off the card responsibly, you will get CLIs and won't have to pay off the card to make room for tire purchases the next time. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I ordered 4 snow tires for my car and I was wondering if FICO scores is gonna take a nose dive? or it should be ok as long as its paid off in 2-3 months time frame?

... hooters CL is at $600  or should I be ok? 

Since you have already made the charge,

I wouldn't worry about the score impact. Can you afford to pay $150 on the card immediately? Having less than 50% when the statement drops would be a help. Paying as much as possible the next month would be the next step.

The fact that you used more then 50% of your credit limit will help show a reasonable need for a higher credit limit. Not going above 50% utility will lower the FICO hit. Paying off the entire balance in three months will increase your chances of future credit limit increases.

Don't stress over the FICO score hit. One reason we want good credit scores is so that we can have credit cards. One reason we want credit cards is so that we can actually buy things like new tires.

If you keep using and paying  off the card responsibly, you will get CLIs and won't have to pay off the card to make room for tire purchases the next time. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like you purchased your tires at a very good price, which is great!  Did you buy them at Tire Rack?

Message Edited by psychic on 11-28-2008 02:40 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had to dig this one to find it.. thanks for replies.

yes planning on making 2 payments on it. in fact I PIF with new transcations before billing cycle date cuts off to make room to purchase this. and yes I got it form tirerack.com Smiley Happy   thanks again

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.