"Already Approved" Chase Offers?

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

"Already Approved" Chase Offers?

Ok, so looking for some advice, here.

This popped up in my Chase app, today:

IMG_5512.JPG

Below, off-screen, is 24.49%. This really seems to be "if you want it, it's yours" but I've never flown Southwest but once in my life and not really planning to start. The only thing I'd ultimately do with it is churn it for the bonus and transfer the points to UR (is that even possible?). The $12k would take me to something like 15% util from the low 20s, and put me a few Gs short of $100K total CL

Curious what others think of this kind of offer. Keep in mind, it's not "selected you for you." It's very plainly saying I've already been approved.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: "Already Approved" Chase Southwest Plus Visa?

It is a pre-approval.. Basically you said it if you want it well it is yours with the CL and said APR...Still things can go wrong, but pretty much as solid as they get

Message 2 of 81
dragontears
Senior Contributor

You can not transfer southwest miles INTO UR points, they are only good on Southwest. If you never fly them the SUB might be worthless to you.
Message 3 of 81
jl4
Established Contributor

Hmm. Yeah, then this isn't probably going to have value. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Message 4 of 81
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@jl4 wrote:

Ok, so looking for some advice, here.

This popped up in my Chase app, today:

IMG_5512.JPG

Below, off-screen, is 24.49%. This really seems to be "if you want it, it's yours" but I've never flown Southwest but once in my life and not really planning to start. The only thing I'd ultimately do with it is churn it for the bonus and transfer the points to UR (is that even possible?). The $12k would take me to something like 15% util from the low 20s, and put me a few Gs short of $100K total CL

Curious what others think of this kind of offer. Keep in mind, it's not "selected you for you." It's very plainly saying I've already been approved.

Is it the only pre selected offer showing?  .. no others?

Message 5 of 81
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@jl4

Question, when you say Chase App, do u have any prior Chase cards or just Checking Account ?

Thank you

Message 6 of 81
jl4
Established Contributor

I used to have a checking account with them. I also currently have the Freedom Unlimited, Slate, and Sapphire Preferred.
Message 7 of 81
jl4
Established Contributor

There’s also an offer to apply for the Freedom.

The SW card is “You’re already approved”. The Freedom is “You’re pre-qualified”.

And a couple ads for referring.
Message 8 of 81
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Thank you

Message 9 of 81
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

You might want to check who their partners are and the redemption rate if you aren't flying SW. 

But yes there are better point getters. 

Message 10 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.