cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Force" lender to pull specific CB by freezing other 2.

tag
Established Contributor

Re: "Force" lender to pull specific CB by freezing other 2.

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I can also see a possibility that once approved via TU, they can now soft the other two --I'm pretty sure that as a creditor, they have the right to soft you. *ducks under table, anticipating lots of posts saying this isn't so*

Actually it IS SO. Once a creditor has a relationship with a consumer, it has the right to do account reviews even on frozen files.

If you have stinkers on the other two that show up when they're softed, that new account might not stay open very long, or it might have its CL dropped to lower than what you already have.

That is definitely possible, and highly probable..

What's bad on EQ and EX that you don't want them to be pulled?

The OP wants to remove legitimate hard inquires from the credit reports by the bumpage process. By only letting hard inquiries be placed on TU the OP can have them removed. Inquiries on Experian and Equifax cannot be removed. In these tight credit times, I think freezing credit files to aid bumpage is not really a wise move, especially on lower scoring thin files.

Message 11 of 22
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Welcome to the forum, boobsANDbrains!

I don't have a clue one way or the other if locking will help you, but you get my Kudos for your screen name and sig!

You're a trip, Aly! :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah I thought it was a fun too Smiley Wink

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, once you apply and have been approved, the creditor can soft any of your reports regardless of your "freeze" or lock on files.

In fact, it was funny, I applied to CapOne for a Reward card and they pulled hard TU and EX, then did soft as well...go figure....like a double take.  However, my EQ was locked and they were not able to hard pull and I haven't noticed if they hit it soft yet.

I just couldn't figure out what the follow up soft same day or next was for on same app????  Go figure.

Message 13 of 22
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, once you apply and have been approved, the creditor can soft any of your reports regardless of your "freeze" or lock on files.

In fact, it was funny, I applied to CapOne for a Reward card and they pulled hard TU and EX, then did soft as well...go figure....like a double take.  However, my EQ was locked and they were not able to hard pull and I haven't noticed if they hit it soft yet.

I just couldn't figure out what the follow up soft same day or next was for on same app????  Go figure.

Yes of course, they have an existing and permissible purpose but anyone not on your report, even if you app with them, needs special processing to gain access. I froze my EX the day the pissed me off with their whole "no more FICO" crap but my TU is decent and my EQ is great, so I don't mind it and if a business ONLY wants to pull from EX, frankly I don't want their business so no big loss to me.

Message 14 of 22
fused
Moderator Emeritus

boobsANDbrains wrote:

I have heard of this being accomplished, freezing 2/3 & asking the UW to pull a specific CB, but have found very little information on it.  My FICO's are fine across the board, 0 late's, 0 derog's, 0 PR's, ect.  I want to do this because B* is so easy with TU, using CK & CCT daily.  I'm trying to keep inq's to a minimum since I plan on buying a house soon, but I want some high-limit Prime cards before I do.  All I have is a $1000 Crap1 card they refuse to CLI, the rest are store charge cards.  Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

Thanks,

Aly

How soon are you planning to buy a house? I wouldn't app for anything before buying a house.

Message 15 of 22
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:
How soon are you planning to buy a house? I wouldn't app for anything before buying a house.

Excellent advice Smiley Happy

just to add, this also applies to any big ticket item you might be going for.

Message Edited by Guardian on 03-26-2009 03:51 PM

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAble wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I can also see a possibility that once approved via TU, they can now soft the other two --I'm pretty sure that as a creditor, they have the right to soft you. *ducks under table, anticipating lots of posts saying this isn't so*

Actually it IS SO. Once a creditor has a relationship with a consumer, it has the right to do account reviews even on frozen files.

If you have stinkers on the other two that show up when they're softed, that new account might not stay open very long, or it might have its CL dropped to lower than what you already have.

That is definitely possible, and highly probable..

What's bad on EQ and EX that you don't want them to be pulled?

The OP wants to remove legitimate hard inquires from the credit reports by the bumpage process. By only letting hard inquiries be placed on TU the OP can have them removed. Inquiries on Experian and Equifax cannot be removed. In these tight credit times, I think freezing credit files to aid bumpage is not really a wise move, especially on lower scoring thin files.

You got it CreditAble.  Sorry guys, I guess I left out some information in my OP.  I have no baddies, anywhere.  I'm only trying to open a couple non-crap1 cards & have TU pulled, since I have had such great success with Bumpage on TU.  My inquiries are not crazy, 3/2/0.  But if I can open the same card I want & have TU pulled & bumped in the process, why not?  It may seem trivial, but I have heard of people problems cementing CL's because of "too many inq's".  I just don't want to chance it with the economy in the garbage.

Thanks for all the help!

Aly

Message Edited by boobsANDbrains on 03-26-2009 10:45 PM
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Welcome to the forum, boobsANDbrains!

I don't have a clue one way or the other if locking will help you, but you get my Kudos for your screen name and sig!

You're a trip, Aly! :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks sweetie, I do what I can! Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 22
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm only trying to open a couple non-crap1 cards & have TU pulled,

Hooters pulls TU.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAble wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm only trying to open a couple non-crap1 cards & have TU pulled,

Hooters pulls TU.

Haha, I have strongly considered them, since I WORK THERE Smiley Happy  I am more interested in an AMEX Blue Cash, but I would like to B* the inq asap.  (In my state, they seem to pull EX).  Just an idea, let me know what you think!

Aly

Funny you brought up Hooters though, Kudos!

Aly

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.