cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You've Been Selected to Apply!" (AmEx Green card)

tag
CodyAB31

Re: "You've Been Selected to Apply!" (AmEx Green card)

Got the invited to apply thing in the mail a couple months back.  Went online and applied with the invitation code and was instantly approved for the Green card.  Pulled EX only and my score was 674...65K income.  I have 4 Collection Accounts reporting all from 5+ years ago. Everything else was good, a couple auto loans never late, both closed, and a handful of low limit rebuilder cards/store cards plus 1 card from my CU 3500 limit.  VERY surprised In the instant approval.

11/13 - EX 674 MyFico - EQ 660 MyFico - TU 675 WMart Fico

TTFCU 3500 - AMEX Green NPSL - Discover IT 800 - Amazon 1400
Lowes 800 - QuicksilverOne 500 - CapOne Plat 800 - Walmart 1050
Barclays ChoicePriv 250 -Vic. Sec 900 - Express 1070 - Buckle 780 - Valero 600 - JCPenney 700
Message 11 of 12
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: "You've Been Selected to Apply!" (AmEx Green card)

@B335is wrote:

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I was approved for PRG with 656 - EX only pull.  I would personally go for the PRG due to the superior sign up bonus and downgrade once you hit a year to avoid AF.  Amex charge cards have same underwriting criteria.

Do you mind sharing your income when approved for PRG? I'm considering applying at the beginning of the new year for maximum backdating and downgrade before AF hits.

At the time $68k.  I had no pre-qualified offers and I remember it sat "in-progeress" for a few days.  Do you already have a card from Amex?

Yes, I have BCE and SPG...MSD '87 Smiley Very Happy

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.