Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"chances of approval"

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: "chances of approval"

@JustinA wrote:

I am attached to this site and learning more in the past 3 days than I have in 27 years. I hope its a good idea and thank you Smiley Happy

WTG BRAVO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 41 of 60
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@JustinA wrote:

I am attached to this site and learning more in the past 3 days than I have in 27 years. I hope its a good idea and thank you Smiley Happy

Hope to see you post often here, it is a wealth of knowledge!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 42 of 60
100down0monthly
New Contributor

@JustinA wrote:

It's a great idea.  From my experiences so far, a lot of the more experienced posters here know more about credit/scores than the vast majority of customer service reps I've spoken to lately...about credit.

Message 43 of 60
enharu
Super Contributor

@100down0monthly wrote:

It's a great idea.  From my experiences so far, a lot of the more experienced posters here know more about credit/scores than the vast majority of customer service reps I've spoken to lately...about credit.

Can't really blame them though.

For many of them, being a CSR is just a temporary or part time gig until they graduate college or find better jobs. The pay is usually minimum wage or slightly above minimum, so the people that are hired aren't exactly too bright or qualified either.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 44 of 60
100down0monthly
New Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@100down0monthly wrote:

For many of them, being a CSR is just a temporary or part time gig until they graduate college or find better jobs. The pay is usually minimum wage or slightly above minimum, so the people that are hired aren't exactly too bright or qualified either.

Fair enough.  But from my observations and personal experiences, the blind leading the blind usually doesn't have the best outcome...and for every person posting here, there are likely 1,000s believing what they are told by the above mentioned reps.

Message 45 of 60
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@100down0monthly wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@100down0monthly wrote:

Fair enough.  But from my observations and personal experiences, the blind leading the blind usually doesn't have the best outcome...and for every person posting here, there are likely 1,000s believing what they are told by the above mentioned reps.

Not properly training CSRs should be a direct reflection on that particular company and should be used against them when deciding what cards to axe in the future Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 46 of 60
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

Personally,

I'd rather app when I know I have a VERY good chance of being approved...I don't do recons. Being on the "fringe" , which will usually get you the 7-10 message, is not of interest to me....not now. I got distracted for a minute, but I'm back on track. Also, sorry to say this...but I don't believe every "I got approved for a Chase Titanium Millenium Visa, with a $4000 limit!!!!! Smiley Happy" post I read. Some folks are straight up playin' games. There's just no way, based on their credit files.

Finally, for those who "got it" early (you managed to subdue the app monster.) good for you. Now, allow others to learn...even if it's the hard way. Everybody is in a different head space, and some folks want SO bad to catch up with folks who are years ahead in the game that they get distracted. Sometimes it's best to stay out of the threads that get you in trouble - stop looking at  uncontrolled app sprees as some kind of joke (it's not as funny as you think, when you have to add another year or so of aging your current accounts and waiting for 25 inquiries to lose their bite), and look at it for what it is - a setback that keeps you from ultimately getting where you wanna be, in the shortest amount of time. I'm experiencing that setback right now, and there's nothing funny about it. Leave the "lol" to those who are in a position to truly laugh out loud, without crying afterwards.

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 47 of 60
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Whammmy! Good post Smiley Happy

But its fun to read if nothing else...and even if its a false sense of hope...its still hope.

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 60
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@JustinA wrote:

I would love to kick my younger self square in the baby maker.....

That's an interest choice of words....  lol...

In one sense or another, it applies to all of us.

Experience is the education you get about two years after you need it.  Smiley Happy

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 49 of 60
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@JustinA wrote:

I would love to kick my younger self square in the baby maker.....

That's an interest choice of words....  lol...

In one sense or another, it applies to all of us.

Experience is the education you get about two years after you need it.  Smiley Happy

Cant bold it but like your last sentence! Very true!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.