Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: cc enhanced fico scores

tag
buggle
New Contributor

re: cc enhanced fico scores

I know that there are auto - enhanced fico scores, but are there credit card enhanced fico scores?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: re: cc enhanced fico scores

No...as far as I know anyway.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 2 of 14
Established Contributor

@buggle wrote:
I know that there are auto - enhanced fico scores, but are there credit card enhanced fico scores?

I believe there is and it is called "PFICO". Hopefully someone else on this board can confirm this. How you would obtain this score I do not know.
Message Edited by plasticman on 07-28-2009 05:03 PM
Message 3 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FICO has "industry-enhanced" scores for auto loans and for credit cards. Like all their products, lenders decide whether to use them or not.

It used to be that WaMu CC holders (I think they were those who originally had Providian cards) got their CC-enhanced FICO TU scores on their statements. Here on the forums (maybe elsewhere), they were called PFICO's, the P standing for Providian. So "PFICO" would only refer to those scores on former Providian cards.

I don't think that any other bank provides CC-enhanced FICO scores to their members, and AFAIK, we don't know which CC's (if any) use CC-enhanced scores for credit approval. It might be that they just really aren't used any more, but that's pure speculation.

They can't be gotten by consumer request.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 14
Established Contributor

Thanks for the post HTSU... very informative!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told the fico score offerred with the Sears Solution MC is the EX bank card enhanced score. I don't know if this is true or not.
Message 6 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was told the fico score offerred with the Sears Solution MC is the EX bank card enhanced score. I don't know if this is true or not.

http://www.creditmattersblog.com/2008/11/sears-kmart-mastercard-perk-free-fico.html
Message 7 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@buggle wrote:

You may find this information useful:

http://www.creditmattersblog.com/2008/10/bankcard-industry-option-fico-score.html

"Available at all three major credit bureaus, the Industry Option FICO scores build on the predictiveness of classic FICO scores by incorporating additional credit information that is predictive for your specific industry-bankcard, auto lending, installment lending and finance company lending."

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-29-2009 01:13 PM
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://blogs.wsj.com/wallet/2009/05/05/another-free-credit-score-casualty/
Message Edited by hobojon on 07-29-2009 10:20 AM
Message 9 of 14
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

If they did EX instead of TU I would highly consider apping.
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.