cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-opening a Macy's account, any recent experience?

tag
lolanean327

re-opening a Macy's account, any recent experience?

I have been reading many posts regarding old Macy's accounts being re-opened.  I am looking to add a store card and thought it may be possible to just re-open mine that I had and was in perfect standing with (which I had closed without thinking...it was actually my first piece of credit).  The posts I found were from the last few years...I figured I'd ask if anyone's had any luck with this recently.  I'd rather try and do it this way, then to have to re-apply and add an inquiry. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: re-opening a Macy's account, any recent experience?

I have no personnel experience with this other then what I have read on this site. But it seems to me is what you do is pay off the old account and they open a new one for you.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
lolanean327

hmm, I didn't have a balance when it was closed.... wonder if that makes a difference.

Message 3 of 4
ncks
Valued Member

I have had my account re-opened before.  I actually applied online and it gave me a message after I submitted the application to call credit services because I already had an account.  They usually do re-open the account but I do not remember if they did a soft or hard pull.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.