Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

realisic apr expectations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: realisic apr expectations

@Anonymous wrote:

Just for fyi I payed for the fico service yesterday and no longer use freecreditreport and my scores are 618 619 629.  Any comments on my situation will more than likely help, or at least keep my brain churning on the issue.  Have fun and be critical if need be.

I will say that I got approved for the Capital One QS1 with similar scores of 604 612 614 but 24 months of 0 lates?  I also had two small collections on my CR totalling $556?   And one of my cards was a Capital One secured card.  YMMV?

Everyone is right about taking care of the baddies first...it will make life so much easier for you. 

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thread:  Begins with OP stating his CK score.  Followed by multiple common and simplistic critiques of CK scores.  OP spends $60 on FICO scores.  Finds out CK was right on the money.  Everybody pretends that didn't happen, and discuss what to apply next....  this board sometimes...

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting thread:  Begins with OP stating his CK score.  Followed by multiple common and simplistic critiques of CK scores.  OP spends $60 on FICO scores.  Finds out CK was right on the money.  Everybody pretends that didn't happen, and discuss what to apply next....  this board sometimes...

CK isn't always on the money.

Message 23 of 26
kdm31091
Super Contributor

CK is not always on the money, especially with regard to your score, because their score is not a true FICO score. However, CK can still be useful to view trends in your score. Generally, it will still correlate with your actual score as far as ups and downs, but often CK is slower to update and seems much slower to climb up vs fall.

CK is also pretty decent for monitoring the accounts and how they are reporting on your TU report.

It's not the best site/tool, but it is also free and better than not using anything. I view it as an occasional monitoring tool that happens to be free. Don't take it super serious, don't make any huge decisions based on what it says, but you can still enjoy it for what it is.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

True, but what the only-FICO-score-counts crowd forget, or choose to forget is that there is not just one FICO, but 49 different FICOs.

So, yes, CK isn't the same as FICO98 here, just like FICO08 here isn't the same to the other 48 OFFICIAL FICOs.  So?  Why attack the FREE CK score and pretend the $60 FICO 08 is the one valid one?  Not necessarily...

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

True, but what the only-FICO-score-counts crowd forget, or choose to forget is that there is not just one FICO, but 49 different FICOs.

So, yes, CK isn't the same as FICO98 here, just like FICO08 here isn't the same to the other 48 OFFICIAL FICOs.  So?  Why attack the FREE CK score and pretend the $60 FICO 08 is the one valid one?  Not necessarily...

Or $20/mo.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.