Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receive time of Discover It?

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

receive time of Discover It?

How long did it take you to actually receive your card in the mail?

I app'd Sallie Mae & WM DS on Sunday I believe I'm waiting going to the mail box & getting the disappointed kI'd on Christmas feeling.

Yesterday I app for It & got a 5-7 day message so I called & after all the processing ect the rep said "you should receive your card in the next couple of days so you can start taking advantage of your cash back rewards" to me couple of days = 2 meaning Saturday.Are they really usually THAT quick. I'm dying waiting on my cards.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: receive time of Discover It?

It took my DS the whole 7 days, but it doesnt stop there you sill have to wait 1 month or more for it to report to the CBs

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 62
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

Mine was very quick- they sent it USPS priority- I want to say it was 3-4 days.

Message 3 of 62
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

I applied for that card in January, I no longer have the account though but I remember receiving it within two days too via FedEx. I missed the delivery guy that Saturday but then went to the office to pick it up a few hours later.

Message 4 of 62
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Yeah well I guess I should plan for next week. Oh well. I really want Sallie Mae ASAP for the gas / groceries!

I'm not really worried about when it reports to CBs.

Just nice to get it sooner I'm not patient. I'm only excited for WM DS fir the TU monitoring other than that it's a really blah card. Though they had a promotion after you app spent $75 get $25 back so I did that & already the items have been delivered on Weds before I've even got my card!!!
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 5 of 62
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Oh hmm we don't have FedEx so hopefully won't miss the delivery if it will be tomorrow.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 6 of 62
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
Oh hmm we don't have FedEx so hopefully won't miss the delivery if it will be tomorrow.

For me i think it was 3-4 days i forget. I got discover IT and BCP on the same day. I applied all on same day. BTW i got it thru regular usps not fed ex or ups or anyting like that. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 62
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Interesting how they are not consistent.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 8 of 62
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
Interesting how they are not consistent.

it just may depend where you are located in the country i don't know. The thing is when i went on that particular app spree, Discover and Amex came on same day and Chase came two days later. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 62
Boragard
Established Contributor

The send it 2 day priority USPS. Keep in mind weekends don't count as a business day.  I applied on a Friday and I got IT that Wednesday.  Oh, and the box they send IT in is so cool, makes you feel VIP.  I kept mine.

Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.