Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receive time of Discover It?

tag
robbulous
Regular Contributor

Re: receive time of Discover It?

I got mine in about 2-3 business days. It was lightning fast. Got approved on Saturday, got the card on Wednesday, and Monday was a holiday.

NPSL.................$30,000............$28,000.............$20,500............$28,000............$80,000............$19,000............$21,300..............$20,500
Current FICO Score Across All 3: 770+..... GOAL: 800+ Current Utilization: 5%....... Infiniti Financial Auto Loan at 1.9%
Message 11 of 62
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They used to send them FedEx (how I received my card) and then switched to USPS. Depending on when you are approved will determine the 2-3 days. For instance, late Fri approvals usually will arrive by Wed.
Message 12 of 62
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Mine was 2 days, day to process and then overnighted.  They have always overnighted to me.

Message 13 of 62
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Cool I'm hoping by Weds. I'm ready to Xmas shop & I just want my New Card!
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 14 of 62
elvigy
Contributor

Mine arrived exactly 7 days after being approved. This is in North Carolina if that helps any.

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature | Discover IT
Message 15 of 62
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I got mine in two days. You must request it to be expedited if you would like it to be expedited.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 62
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It was my impression that the expedite all primary cards, the AUs are mailed regular delivery
Message 17 of 62
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

They send it VIA UPS in a neat little box in a few business days. It's usually pretty quick.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 18 of 62
12njoy
Super Contributor

Interesting, I was just approved on 10/17/13.  When I called to find out credit limit and APR, I was told that I would be receiving the card in a couple of days too.  I received the following email:

Dear 12njoy,
Thank you for choosing Discover it. Your card is on its way.
We're delighted to have you
with us!

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 19 of 62
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I had to request it to be overnighted IIRC. I mean... It doesn't seem that it would be business efficient to spend the dough to have every primary cardholder's card expedited/overnighted.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.