Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recent credit approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

recent credit approvals

I started coming to this board around April 08 with scores around 480, I was able to clean up alot of my credit report, and get some rebuilder cards and since about June I have just let them grow.  I came back this month too see how my scores were and what I could get. 

8 months later all my scores are just above or at 600, my rebuilder cards have a total of $150 more CL than when I opened them, and I was recently approved for NFCU go rewards, BOA 99/500, Macys (needed a store card, and heard good things about them here!)  BOA 99/50 just posted on my EX report and bumped it up 30 points!!  I hope when NFCU and macys posts it goes up some more!

Anyway I just wanted to thank the board for the help they gave me, I would still be in the 400-500 range and not able to get credit when I need it if I hadnt found this place.  I'm at it full steam again and hoping to join the 700 club by the end of next year!!  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by fender on 12-11-2008 07:43 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: recent credit approvals

Great to hear fender! You'll be in the 700's in no time!
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 7
GFer
Valued Contributor

WTG--that is awesome improvement!  Feels good, doesn't it? Smiley Wink

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah It feels great!  My only fear is that I wont get 700's till AMEX drops from my report, I have to wait 3 years for that Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

congrats fender I feel the same I hope this year, IT'S GOING TO BE MY YEAR! LOTS OF CLI AND OVER 720 OR HIGHER ACROSS THE BOARD
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same boat as you.  I was in the low 500's to start and and in the mid 600's now.  I still have some things I need to get cleared up but this past week I was approved for 2 cards a new capital one and target.  Its a great start and Im doing everything that people are saying and more.  My mortagage lender (renting with option to purchase in a year)  is VERY happy to see the progress.  He recommended to me do some things and I was able to get alot of things cleared up but this board and all the discussions really got me to the next level.  I know that once some of these baddies clear up, I will be in the 700's in no time!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just keep doing the right things and right things will happen for you.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.