Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding male or female on credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: regarding male or female on credit card

This is interesting; I have some transgender friends who also struggle when faced with their legal name and their current physical appearance, and I didn't think this would also apply to things like this. Of course, now that I think about it, it makes total sense.

I was wondering if it's something that can be eased by him just calling up and asking to put a note on his account, or to make a note on his credit report, so that future interactions are less stressful. This involves him outing himself as transgender to a lot of people, which not everyone feels comfortable doing. But, if it does give a benefit, it's worth weighing the pros and cons of doing so.
Message 11 of 13
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Also, what does your friend sound like on the phone? If I were a CSR and got a call from "Samantha" and it sounded like a male voice, I'd ask questions just to ensure that the caller is indeed who they say they are, and not identity theft or fraud.

This is a valid point, and is certainly not a problem encountered only by trans people.   Some men have higher speaking voices and some women have lower speaking voices, which may cause some confusion to some CSRs.   In those cases, some scrutiny may happen.   I don't think account notes would be appropriate in these situations, however.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Also, what does your friend sound like on the phone? If I were a CSR and got a call from "Samantha" and it sounded like a male voice, I'd ask questions just to ensure that the caller is indeed who they say they are, and not identity theft or fraud.

This is a valid point, and is certainly not a problem encountered only by trans people.   Some men have higher speaking voices and some women have lower speaking voices, which may cause some confusion to some CSRs.   In those cases, some scrutiny may happen.   I don't think account notes would be appropriate in these situations, however.  

+1

Putting notes on accounts regarding the perception of the voice of the account holder would be opening a serious can of worms.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.