Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rewards cards quick look 2012

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rewards cards quick look 2012

General question about reward cards - how often (if ever) do they change their rewards structure? For example, the AmEx Blue Cash preferred, will the 6% or 3% cash back reward ever change? I know we are trying to proedict the future, but it is nice to know what to expect? Further, even cards like US Bank Cash+, how long can they keep paying us for simply using their card without reducing rewards?

Bill

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

General question about reward cards - how often (if ever) do they change their rewards structure? For example, the AmEx Blue Cash preferred, will the 6% or 3% cash back reward ever change? I know we are trying to proedict the future, but it is nice to know what to expect? Further, even cards like US Bank Cash+, how long can they keep paying us for simply using their card without reducing rewards?

Bill

I think you basically answered it. When the product no longer is making them money, it is more than likely going to change!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

jd,

Nice reply. I guess this only makes sense! Perhaps I should just stick to my minimum rewards platinum cards without having to worry about sockdrawer-ing rewards cards!

Bill

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

how long can they keep paying us for simply using their card without reducing rewards?

I think you basically answered it. When the product no longer is making them money, it is more than likely going to change!

Just so happens there is a related story today.

Message 14 of 16
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Ha, I love it.  Don't remember the card itself but you remember the dude selling the card?  Do you like the baby too? Smiley Very Happy

Capital One Cash Rewards, btw.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 15 of 16
LilNYC
New Contributor

For some reason it really pisses me off that so many credit card websites list the Cap 1 Venture card as a travel rewards card. You don't earn miles or hotel pts/stays, you earn 2% cash that you can later deduct from a travel related charge. If you're trying to book an$800 flight to Europe & you have 50,000 pts on the venture card, you charge the flight on your card & deduct $500. That's not the same thing as as having 50,000 frequent flier miles or 50,000 Amex MR points or 50,000 Chase UR points that can easily be transferred to an airline program & redeemed for a free coach flight. It's more akin to a cash back card with redemption restrictions. 

Also, surprised the Amex Starwood card didn't make the list of best travel cards.

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.