Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sallie mae mastercard and target

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

sallie mae mastercard and target

I shop at target for my groceries and I have always gotten 5% for the first $250, but I only got 1% this time. I'm a little disappointed. Anyone else experience this?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: sallie mae mastercard and target

Have you exceeded the $250 cap for the month?  Perhaps the Target you visited changed its merchant coding?

I don't go to Target all that often, but when I do, I've gotten 5% back everytime when using Sallie Mae.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I didn't exceed the cap. I know everything after the cap is 1%. I'm disappointed, but I'm gonna keep shopping there anyway.. but maybe just use a better card.

Message 3 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I didn't exceed the cap. I know everything after the cap is 1%. I'm disappointed, but I'm gonna keep shopping there anyway.. but maybe just use a better card.

If you get Target debit or the Prepaid (Redbird) you get 5% off all purchases at target.   And neither impacts your credit

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As much as I love the Sallie Mae MC, if you're looking to save money at Target, an even better value than SM is the Target debit Red card, which gives you uncapped 5% off at the point of sale (which also means you also save a little bit in sales tax, too). 

Message 5 of 15
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As much as I love the Sallie Mae MC, if you're looking to save money at Target, an even better value than SM is the Target debit Red card, which gives you uncapped 5% off at the point of sale (which also means you also save a little bit in sales tax, too). 

+1 never use any other card at target except for the target red debit card.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

wait...is the $250 cap per month or billing cycle..?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe its per billing cycle
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe its per billing cycle

Ok. that may be why I only got 1%. Sorry about my dumbness

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy No biggie. This might help someone else
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.