Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sams club cc

tag
mpswirl
Valued Member

sams club cc

I renewed my sams club membership tonight and the lady asked if i wanted the credit card because it shows im preapproved and i said "sure". Is that going to be a hard pull or soft pull? Trying to stay away from the hard pulls for a while if i can.

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
these scores are a few months old
goal 700 club
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Re: sams club cc

Hard pull if you app'd

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 2 of 12
mpswirl
Valued Member

i didnt app, i was renewing my club account and she said i was pre approved. But im sure your right it probably was a hard pull, oh well

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
goal 700 club
Message 3 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

In the future if a store clerk says you are pre approved and do you want the card for a discount always say no thank you Smiley Happy unless you want to app because saying yes is the same as applying for a new account. Oh well. Sam's card is nice! Congrats on approval Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 12
mpswirl
Valued Member

can i get the free TU score with a sams cc, i think walmart and sams are the same?

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
goal 700 club
Message 5 of 12
boonelb
Regular Contributor

I had the same thing went I got my card.  It showed as a soft.

Message 6 of 12
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@boonelb wrote:

I had the same thing went I got my card.  It showed as a soft.

+1

Sams Club, Lowes, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Victoria Secret, Nordstrom, and Amazon are all cards I was pre approved for when purchasing items and never had a hard pull.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 12
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

If you didn't app it's a soft. 

It's just they're system running your basic info, no biggie. 

I had the same thing a few months ago at checkout. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 8 of 12
boonelb
Regular Contributor

I had a preapproval when I signed up.  I agreed.  I was approved for 600 on a soft pull.  no hard pull ever showed on my cre3dit report

Message 9 of 12
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Wow really? When your shopping and they say you've been pre approved.. And you agree to apply, that would be a soft pull? That just doesn't sound right to me... SAMs club has told me a few times. You've been approved for whatever cl, would you like to apply? I always deny because I don't want the HP.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.