Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screwy BofA reporting....

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: screwy BofA reporting....

@SRAGS wrote:
To IIecs if I change address on credit card profile page.... a midcycle credit statement is reported... with latest balances and limits? Only bank of America ... or every financial institution will report a midcycle statement updates? Thanks.

Your CRs will be updated with your balance and CL as of that day you updated, and will update the reporting starting within 2-3 days of that update on the BofA website (starting with EX first typically).

AFAIK, only BofA does this. When applying for my mortgage 2 yrs ago I micromanaged and tried the same tactic with Discover, Amex, HSBC (then), Chase, CapOne, Macys, PNC, and some others without success. Now if really pressed for time, I have heard of some CCs that will update mid-statement if you call and ask, but I can't remember who those CCCs are.

Message 11 of 12
Greyraven40
Established Member

Re: screwy BofA reporting....

I think I may have gotten to the bottom of this.  I disputed a late with BofA.  The results came back in the middle of the night last night.  It's my assumption that when EX investigated, whichever dept that collaborates with EX provided EX with the OLD balance and that's what triggered the alert and decrease in score.  That's the only thing that makes sense. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.