Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scumbags known as chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

scumbags known as chase

So today I recieved a letter from Chase saying that they are going to raise my APR. I wouldn't be so mad if it weren't for the fact that I have a balance on this chase. Looks like i'm going to have to bt to either my Citi/Boa/Discover card. Its amazing that the one month that I carry a balance they decide to change my APR. Jerks.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
DI
Super Contributor

Re: scumbags known as chase

@Anonymous wrote:
So today I recieved a letter from Chase saying that they are going to raise my APR. I wouldn't be so mad if it weren't for the fact that I have a balance on this chase. Looks like i'm going to have to bt to either my Citi/Boa/Discover card. Its amazing that the one month that I carry a balance they decide to change my APR. Jerks.

Check the BT fees on those cards.  All the banks you listed have no maximum BT fee.  

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I transfer it to Citi it was 3%
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are they scumbags?

The agreement the card user signed gave them all the permission.

Message 4 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why are they scumbags?

The OP called them scumbags because the month OP decided to carry a balance Chase did a RR. 

Message Edited by DI on 10-07-2009 02:51 PM
Message 5 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why are they scumbags?

Signed? The only people I signed anything with to get a CC was PenFed.

The general mode of acceptance is either clicking a box on an online app, or even worse merely activating/using the card.

In general cardholders passively acquiesce to accept the terms of the most one sided contract in the history of contracts.

Message 6 of 24
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Let me see if I have this straight:

1. OP freely agreed to the terms of the CC when he signed up for it, knowing that the APR could increase in the future.  Smiley Tongue

2. OP has used this product for various reasons since he received it.  Smiley Tongue

3. OP has a balance this month which happened to coincide with a rate increase that was completey spelled out to him in his account agreement  Smiley Surprised

4. Ergo, Chase are jerks and scumbags.  Smiley Mad:

I don't get why most conclude that the CCC is the bad actor here.  Just because bad economic times haven't happened before was no reason for the OP not to have a contingency plan in place just in case things went south.  Bad planning on the OP's part, but get on with the task at hand and pay the debt off ASAP.

If you don't like how the CCC's are acting write your elected representative, oh, wait, that hasn't worked out too hot recently either.

Message Edited by Watchmann on 10-07-2009 04:09 PM
Message 7 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

OP transferred the balance to CITI.  OP is now happy.  Everybody's happy. hehe
Message 8 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Watchmann wrote:

1. OP freely agreed to the terms of the CC when he signed up for it, knowing that the APR could increase in the future.  :smileytongue:

2OP has used this product for various reasons since he received it.  :smileytongue:

3. OP has a balance this month which happened to coincide with a rate increase that was completey spelled out to him in his account agreement  :smileysurprised:

4. Ergo, Chase are jerks and scumbags.  :smileymad::

I don't get why most conclude that the CCC is the bad actor here.  Just because bad economic times haven't happened before was no reason for the OP not to have a contingency plan in place just in case things went south.  Bad planning on the OP's part, but get on with the task at hand and pay the debt off ASAP.

If you don't like how the CCC's are acting write your elected representative, oh, wait, that hasn't worked out too hot recently either.

It's worked out just fine for me!

(The incredibly base level of discourse in this thread is astounding...)

Message 9 of 24
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

1. OP freely agreed to the terms of the CC when he signed up for it, knowing that the APR could increase in the future.  Smiley Tongue

2. OP has used this product for various reasons since he received it.  Smiley Tongue

3. OP has a balance this month which happened to coincide with a rate increase that was completey spelled out to him in his account agreement  Smiley Surprised

4. Ergo, Chase are jerks and scumbags.  Smiley Mad:

Message Edited by Watchmann on 10-07-2009 04:09 PM

Watchmann, I wish to compliment you on your most entertaining use of smilies! :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.