Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secured card suggestions?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

secured card suggestions?

Around the third week of December i will be receiving a bonus around $750...Which secured would be best to put my money toward?

Maximum amount i will do is $500!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: secured card suggestions?

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

Around the third week of December i will be receiving a bonus around $750...Which secured would be best to put my money toward?

Maximum amount i will do is $500!

The Capital One secured card is highly recommended.  Also you could consider one like the credit union ones such as  DCU or State Department

Message 2 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yeah i've burned Capital One currently have about three chargeoffs with them...Ok i'll look into DCU and SFDCU.

These are my current FICO 8 scores, i assume i'd still have to be approved through these creditors?

FICO 8 Scores.png

Message 3 of 8
AlreadyObssessed
Established Member

Wells Fargo has a secured card and it graduates in 12 months with responsible use. They'll refund your deposit and you can request a credit limit increase without putting any further deposit after it graduates. Minimum deposit is $300.

Taking it one day at a time.
Message 4 of 8
jacetx
Valued Contributor

You can also try the Bank of America or RBFCU secured cards. I've had the unsecured RBFCU since 2010 and they have been really good to me. Also it is easy to qualify for membership with them.

Message 5 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

You can also try the Bank of America or RBFCU secured cards. I've had the unsecured RBFCU since 2010 and they have been really good to me. Also it is easy to qualify for membership with them.

Do you know if the RBFCU card unsecures? Oh yea BOA that might be a good place to start, i guess going with someone i can continue a long relationship with matters.

Message 6 of 8
jacetx
Valued Contributor

I just did a product change with them so I'm assuming that the card graduates. However, don't take my word for it. Give them a call and find out.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Sky is good with no hard pull or credit check. I have not had any problems with them!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.