Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I believe my fico score???

tag
buyhouse36
Regular Contributor

should I believe my fico score???

6 months ago I went on a  GW spree to remove old lates. I have no bk or co, just tons of lates for a 2008-2009 crisis.  The spree resulted in some tradelines being deleted, some lates being removed but as a whole most of the letters said "sorry I cant help u". When I sent the letters out, a DISPUTE was attached to the tradelines and slowly my credit score climbed. Started this process in the 650's now my score is 758. It was 751 for 3 months.  BUT....should I believe the score??? Are DISPUTES still attached to the tradelines??? The last call/letter I made/sent was in November. Shouldnt the disputes have fallen off??? Is it possible some of the creditors said "i cant help u" but they actually did remove some lates??? I still have some special financing plans attached to some of my closed accounts. Will this be held against me if I apply for a major credit card now???

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: should I believe my fico score???

Did you just pull that score from here at EQ or TU?

Do you see the baddies still there?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you bought a true FICO® score here from this website, you can believe that.  BUT, what you really need to check out is your Credit Report.  What does your Credit Report say?

Message 3 of 14
buyhouse36
Regular Contributor

I have the SW plan from this site. I paid off my best buy acct and I got an alert saying my score went up to 758. The last report I pulled was maybe in decembeer. Some disputes were still listed in comments but some lates were gone.
Message 4 of 14
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I will be cautious about getting too optimistic. The disputed accounts will not count when your FICO score is calculated. If the disputes come back verified, then your scores may drop. Good luck though, it will be nice to have those removed and have a sweet score!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would say it would be a well worth investment then to pull a full report to see what if anything still needs to be worked on.

Not sure if you were looking for new cards or just cleaning up report but might be good time to do that if you got that kind of jump.

Message 6 of 14
buyhouse36
Regular Contributor

When my score first shot to 751, I didn't believe it because I the disputes were on my negative accts. But that was in decemebr. Its now march. I haven't done any follow up since then. Shouldn't the disputes have fallen off by now? When will they? Do I need to call?
Message 7 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@buyhouse36 wrote:
When my score first shot to 751, I didn't believe it because I the disputes were on my negative accts. But that was in decemebr. Its now march. I haven't done any follow up since then. Shouldn't the disputes have fallen off by now? When will they? Do I need to call?

Im confused when you say disputes fallen off.

If you disputed it and the compnay didn't respond or agreed to remove you would not see that account on your credit anymore.

If the company verified, then it would remain same or possibly updated to some other form of negative.

Message 8 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@daisydvm wrote:

I will be cautious about getting too optimistic. The disputed accounts will not count when your FICO score is calculated. If the disputes come back verified, then your scores may drop. Good luck though, it will be nice to have those removed and have a sweet score!

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

what I would do is subscribe to EQ's CMS where you can see your full report and will tell you whether a tradeline is in dispute or not on the comments tab.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.