Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I open a chase account?

tag
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: should I open a chase account?

Good call on firing BoA.  I've never had them, but I have heard way too many negative thiings about them to even consider them

Message 21 of 27
distantarray
Established Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

Good call on firing BoA.  I've never had them, but I have heard way too many negative thiings about them to even consider them

yea pretty much only reason why I held on this long was 1. I was in chexsystems so I couldn't open another one 2. I was fighting bad marks on my credit so I possibly needed old statement copies just in case for documentable proof. 3. Their online banking is nice 

Why I want to get rid of them. 1. customer service is poor 2. $8 for a cashiers check are you fken kidding me? 3. always looking for new charges 4. usally little to no grace periods on their credit cards 5. they DENIED me for a secured credit card last year 6. They call the SWAT team on their customers for trying to close their accounts -_-;  list goes on.

Personally I'm sure that Bank of America is bankrupt but is doing things like banks in Japan did in the lost decade about lying about their losses in the early 90's to stay afloat. 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 22 of 27
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i put 20 dollars in my boa account everymonth to pay for my gym membership and thats it... 

im thinking about opening a chase account to get the 10/10 deal but is it still good withought the other card? ie. the trifecta. 

so i have the freedom and if i have an account i still get 10cents per swipe? 

i get the same thing right now on my citizens card..... 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 23 of 27
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

i put 20 dollars in my boa account everymonth to pay for my gym membership and thats it... 

im thinking about opening a chase account to get the 10/10 deal but is it still good withought the other card? ie. the trifecta. 

so i have the freedom and if i have an account i still get 10cents per swipe? 

i get the same thing right now on my citizens card..... 

you get 10% of what every the purchase was plus 10 points per swipe

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 24 of 27
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I opened a Chase checking account for the 10/10 perk and $200 opening bonus. Since I'm prior military, I got upgraded to the Chase Premier Plus checking, and I don't need to meet any requirements to avoid monthly fees. My primary checking account is still with USAA.
Message 25 of 27
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I've had my Chase accounts since the conversion of WaMu. It never helped me get in better with them in respect to their credit cards--applied several times and was denied. I got in with them due to having matured my credit file. I don't believe me having an account with them maximized my chances at all. In fact, when I applied for the Chase Freedom, I used the long application. Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 26 of 27
toppers555
Established Contributor

Wow never had any issues with BofA. They are actually my favor bank atm. Also I just open a chase banking account last week online ,and they tried to get me to apply for freedom. But I am waiting for a few months so I can try to leverage the checking account and cashflow if freedom gets denied. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.