cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I start doing "credit gardening" or ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

should I start doing "credit gardening" or ?

try to look for 1 or 2 more fresh accounts to be added to then time to do some credit gardening?

right now I have JCP $400 CL   Orchard Bank $500 CL  FP $300 CL

I could try to get $1,000 Secured Card thru either BOA or Citibank then one of those department store card ( I don't know which one yet )    thoughts ?

btw I only have EX FICO score at the moment which is 662
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: should I start doing "credit gardening" or ?

How old is your youngest account?

You should get a boost when the youngest one turns 6 months, and again when it turns 12 months.

It's definitely tough getting in with a decent card after BK. They really (and understandably) want to see a track record first.

I'm thinking that the longer that you can function with what you have, showing stability and self-discipline, the better for your future chances.

But I don't have a lot of experience in this area, so I will defer to others. (And I assume that you're familiar with the BK-Friendly thread stickied up above.) GL
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hauling, thank you for replying.   2 months is the most recent new accounts but I am trying to get a gas card from 2001 to wake up and start using it before that account gets "purged" due to not using it at all. BK on my CRA shows 5/30/08 date.  so if I could bring that account from 2001 back to "active pattern"  I think that would have helped alot even tho that gas card CL is only $300.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't even use the gas card for gas...buy the gas with an ATM card, then go inside and buy a Slurpee or a six-pack of soda with the card. A tank of gas in these degenerate days could take you over 10% on the card.
Message 4 of 6
treski
Frequent Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
A tank of gas in these degenerate days could take you over 10% on the card.

No kidding!
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really, gas is that expensive? I hadn't noticed. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.