cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I stick with my capital one platinium?

tag
Letty

should I stick with my capital one platinium?

Hello so I recently filed bankruptcy and qas discharge December 20th for new years I purchase a vehicle that is finance by wells fargo two weeks ago I go approve for a cl of 250 for victoria secret and capital one quicksilver with a cl of 300. This week I got approve for a capital one platinum with a cl of 5000 and a new york and company with a cl of 250. My question is should I use all my cards if I need to purchase from there stores or should I just stick with my capital one platinium with 5000.. thanks I never really dealt with credit cards due to messing up my credit too young so have no clue whats the best thing to do.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DawgZ
Contributor

Re: should I stick with my capital one platinium?

From what I read on the site most will tell you only use 1 card and keep the use to under 10% of your total CL's if you want your FICO scores to go up. If you want your CL's to go up on the individual cards you may have to use each card. So it depends on what your over all plan is really.

My Wallet - Cap1 Visa Signature $13k, Chase Saphire Prefered $13.5k, Well's Fargo Rewards $10k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC $6.5k, Cap1 Quicksilver V $4k, Chase Freedom $9k, Discover IT $7.5k, Amex BCE $34k, Amazon/Chase $2.5k,PenFed V $10.5k, Amex Green

EQ 810(Fico), EX 806 (Fico), TU 815 (Fico)

Message 2 of 3
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Re: should I stick with my capital one platinium?

Make a small purchase every three to four months on the store cards to show usage. Request increases every six months ONLY if SPs. Cap 1 QS is a good rewards card. If you've had it more than six months, you should contact EO & see if they will match your CL with the platinum (or close to it). The Platinum card can be used how you prefer. Congrats on your approval!
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.