Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i apply for a wellsfargo secured yes or no

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

should i apply for a wellsfargo secured yes or no

since i was just approved for b of a secured should i just get as well the wellsfargo secured card or should i just stay with the b of a secured card im starting to rebuild please advice my fico ae around 637 on both transunion and equifaxs
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: should i apply for a wellsfargo secured yes or no

Do you have any other open revolving credit? (CC's, lines of credit.)

If you can qualify for the WF, and if all you have is the BofA secured, I'd say go for it. And then stop. Two cards are all you need in the initial rebuilding stages. Don't go apping Macy's and WalMart and Target and Kay's and all the rest. Just give these two six months of perfect history (ideally 12 months), and then go looking for more cards.

And for all the Macy's fans out there, I will hasten to say that you can start with Macy's first, if you like. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

to be honest i do not have any store cards i do have as well a secured new millenium card which i got first in 9/2009 but that card will not unsecured me so what do tou think should i stay like these or go for the wells **bleep**ro as for now i dont want store cards till 6 or 9 months when i go unsecured from b of a please advice thanks as well i will apply for macys first
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

so what do you recommend? i really need some answers
Message 4 of 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

yes, go for it
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yes, go for the Wells Fargo.

Stop after getting it and the BofA.

Wait at least six months before looking at anything else.

In the seventh month, pull your scores. At that point, the new account sting should be gone.

Then, I would suggest Macy's if you want a store card. Otherwise, determine if your scores have improved enough for an unsecured bank card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.