Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i try discover IT?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: should i try discover IT?

@someguy32 wrote:

EO route? I did just get a CLI from cap one last night sitting at 1500 now. Over all I am a bit nervous waiting for my 6 month increase from barclay. Any ideas on what to do i really got an itch to apply maybe try another barclay rewards and then merge them into 1 account?

no not 2nd barclay within 3 months of each other.

id try discover before i would do that.

Message 11 of 12
maksimfa
Contributor

Re: should i try discover IT?

I would put a ton of use on the barclay, and make sure you are paying it off, a few times a month if need be.  They will give you a nice CLI.  They gave me a 3x on my 6 month, and then after a call to underwriters, I got another 2.25x 3 months later.

On the flip side, if you apply for too much new credit, without having a solid history with them, may scare them off.

Focus on the CLI with what you have now.  Solid advice given.  Then... go for the big boys, Amex, Chase, etc.

In reality, Discover is not offern much in terms of rewards or perks, a basic 1x cash back card with rolling categories.    Your goal is to pay in full every month, so rewards is what matters.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.