Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/sigh. Walmart does it again

tag
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Re: /sigh. Walmart does it again

@nicholasyud wrote:

i make the payment on the 21 of Nov. They still hold the fund even thou they already take out the money from my bank. SMH

Honestly, I wish they'd just stake the money from my bank at this point. My statement doesn't cut til lord knows when bad it'll be months before any of those cards see some love from me since I'm leaving for the reserves in January 

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 21 of 32
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@SisterGirl wrote:

Last week when I was at the customer service counter handling a return, I asked the gentleman assisting me if they accepted payments for Walmart account at the store. He said they did....I asked when would my payment post...he advised "same day". I don't know if this is true or not, but we will know on Tuesday when I take on that task.

SisterGirl

I do this all the time, and the payment does post immediately. I pay my Walmart card with my debit card at their Money Center kiosk. And if that's not working, I pay in person at the Money Center counter. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll go buy gas at Murphy and then immediately go into Walmart and pay off the purchase before it even posts to the account. Learned about this one time when I had to buy some gas on the last day of my statement cycle.

Message 22 of 32
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

Last week when I was at the customer service counter handling a return, I asked the gentleman assisting me if they accepted payments for Walmart account at the store. He said they did....I asked when would my payment post...he advised "same day". I don't know if this is true or not, but we will know on Tuesday when I take on that task.

SisterGirl

I do this all the time, and the payment does post immediately. I pay my Walmart card with my debit card at their Money Center kiosk. And if that's not working, I pay in person at the Money Center counter. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll go buy gas at Murphy and then immediately go into Walmart and pay off the purchase before it even posts to the account. Learned about this one time when I had to buy some gas on the last day of my statement cycle.

Awesome !

Thanks for the clarification....Smiley Wink

SisterGirl
Message 23 of 32
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
Are you really that worried amex will deny you the cli because walmart will report a $50 balance?
In and of itself, no. I was a triple pull borderline approval with Delta card. 4-5 pts for having multiple cards report a balance maybe the difference from a full 3x CLI or a much smaller one. I can't get cap1 to move on GW attempts but I can control UTIL.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 24 of 32
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

if not for great CLI and free scores I wouldn't use this damn card. Payent from week ago still hasn't been fully credited to available credit. 3 months with card and they are still placing holds on payments.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 25 of 32
Jutz
Valued Contributor

And when are they going to update FICO for December?!

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 26 of 32
Involus
Regular Contributor

I have never had this problem. Whenever I use the card I immediately go home and send payment with my Chase online bill pay sometime my payment even posts before a balance hits but its always PIF.
Message 27 of 32
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I asked a cashier about this yesterday when I was in the store. She said that I could pay my walmart card at the register, even while a charge is pending. This solves the problem.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 28 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:
I need to SD my Walmart Discover card. Wednesday afternoon I made a small charge to it (around $50 at a local Walmart store). 12/2 is my statement cut date. Go online to pay bill in full and guess what? The charge hasn't cleared yet and it's been more than 48 hours. How much you want to bet it clears seconds before my statement generates. Their practice of doing this really pisses me off.

LOL- yea- it really gets me too!  I have just taken to not using it near statement cut off date.  3 times now they've gotten me.  Can't pay till it post and it always post right before statement cut night of.  UGH!

This is exactly what I do with all of my GE accounts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 32
Croselx
Contributor

I have 2 GE accounts and my experience differs on each card.

PayPal Smart connect usually credits on same day and sometimes they credit before taking the money from my account (never missed a payment or had a report with a balance that I didn't wanted).

Recently approved WM Discover I made 2 payments to see what will work since I had read so many bad things here, one payment on the store and one online.

Store payment posted immediately (done on November 19th)

Online payment took several days (payment done on the 16th, money taken on same day and payment posted on the 21st)

I don't know what is the deal with Wal Mart posting the balance if they take the money from your account.. I will probably make the minimum payment in the store and the rest online just to be sure and avoid any late charges.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.