Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simmons first visa platinum credit card

tag
Established Contributor

Re: simmons first visa platinum credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

I am waiting to get the card in the mail. My AT&T Universal card which I have had many years CL is 27K I did mention this on the credit app. There is no way I need that amount.

I would be happy with 7-10K on the card as I pay the balance in full most months, I should have the card this weekend since it has been slightly over a week since getting the approved notice from them.

I only have one credit card to my name although over the years I have had several but accounts were closed on all of them except the AT&T card.

I considered closing the AT&T card but believe it would do more harm than good on my CR. Will let you know when it finally arrives.

Thanks!

IMHO...Do not close your AT&T card.

I take it you will not.

Message 31 of 44
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I think this outfit likes to see income, PM!

Uber prime in AR - go figure.

Message 32 of 44
Established Contributor

Thanks CWCID...LOL on ARSmiley Very Happy

My understanding is that they are also very conservitive on CLs.

Message 33 of 44
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Just FYI,

I applied for this card last time this thread was re-enacted and I was DENIED.

DTI: ~15%

Income: Over 100k

Util: about 3%

TU FICO: 790's 

Reason for denial:

Too much available credit (ok, kinda true - BS reason, however)

Too many inquiries (2?  I mean... really???)

I had 2 inq on transunion, 8 months old...  I put this card in the same bucket I put AMEX.  Everyone thinks its an uber-prime, sought after card that you can show off that is absolutely no good.  I mean, yea, the interest rate is good, however, ill take my Chase 25k CL, 7.99% any day over that crock of crap (at least until Chase rate jack's me or CLD me, in which case Ill move my NFCU card up a slot) 

Message Edited by Lyythine on 09-12-2009 12:57 AM
Message 34 of 44
Established Contributor

@Lyythine wrote:

Just FYI,

I applied for this card last time this thread was re-enacted and I was DENIED.

DTI: ~15%

Income: Over 100k

Util: about 3%

TU FICO: 790's 

Reason for denial:

Too much available credit (ok, kinda true - BS reason, however)

Too many inquiries (2?  I mean... really???)

I had 2 inq on transunion, 8 months old...  I put this card in the same bucket I put AMEX.  Everyone thinks its an uber-prime, sought after card that you can show off that is absolutely no good.  I mean, yea, the interest rate is good, however, ill take my Chase 25k CL, 7.99% any day over that crock of crap (at least until Chase rate jack's me or CLD me, in which case Ill move my NFCU card up a slot) 

Message Edited by Lyythine on 09-12-2009 12:57 AM

This would definately rule me out! (138k)Smiley Happy

Thank for the great info Lyythine.

Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the long awaited card came today they gave me a credit line of 8K more than I really need. I believe I will keep the AT&T Universal card open I have had the card for many a year.

It is nice having a card with a low interest rates although I usually pay the balances off on a monthly basis. The AT&T card has been put in the lock box!

MarvC

Message 36 of 44
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

The approved CL is about what you were hoping to receive.

Thanks for posting the result, I was curious what the CL would be (albeit not as much as youSmiley Happy )

Message 37 of 44
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
Message 38 of 44
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well the long awaited card came today they gave me a credit line of 8K more than I really need. I believe I will keep the AT&T Universal card open I have had the card for many a year.

It is nice having a card with a low interest rates although I usually pay the balances off on a monthly basis. The AT&T card has been put in the lock box!

MarvC

the other thing is with the exception of CU this may be the issuer least likely to RJ or use other forms of AA to get your attention or just to simply 'keep the acct. profitable' i think this makes it a particularly cozy pairing and a decent pick for the occasional revolver in this climate.  they've got a proven track record of excellent cs sans AA..   
Message Edited by score_building on 09-15-2009 08:57 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 39 of 44
DI
Super Contributor

I didn't apply for the Simmons card.  I started filling the app out, but felt too much info was being asked.  I don't need a creditor to call my job to verify income.  The probably wouldn't have done that, but since it was mentioned I felt uneased.
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.