Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so I applied for the CSP

tag
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

so I applied for the CSP

had to call recon of course, they pulled TR for me, the CSR said that she cannot approve it because I cam carying a balance on my CHASE BP, my CL is 1700, balance is 1746, she said once I pay it off to give a call back as that was her only reason she could not approve it (OVER THE LIMIT)..... so I just scheduled a payment for the full balance I took a cash advance from my NFCU card its only a matter od 2 percent for cash advance, Im fairly certain Ill have my whole NFCU card paid in full by Feburary? do you thinktommorow once the payment clears in my bank and posts to chase I will be able to get the CSP? once i get that im off to garden!!!! LOL

Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: so I applied for the CSP

Thought we told you to wait until it was paid off?

Now it will be an additional hp and no guarantee they will approve you.
Message 2 of 77
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck OP. Chase loves big spenders, but doesnt like that kind of balance when you apply for a new product. I know its hard with all of these CSP approvals lately. Its a marathon, not a sprint!

I personally wouldnt pay a BT fee just to get another card though.
Message 3 of 77
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:

had to call recon of course, they pulled TR for me, the CSR said that she cannot approve it because I cam carrying a balance on my CHASE BP, my CL is 1700, balance is 1746, she said once I pay it off to give a call back as that was her only reason she could not approve it (OVER THE LIMIT)..... So I just scheduled a payment for the full balance I took a cash advance from my NFCU card its only a matter od 2 percent for cash advance, Im fairly certain Ill have my whole NFCU card paid in full by Feburary? do you thinktommorow once the payment clears in my bank and posts to chase I will be able to get the CSP? once i get that im off to garden!!!! LOL

Not trying to be mean but if you need to take a cash advance to pay off a credit card, and not be able to pay off the advance in the next 5 months, you probably don't need to be trying to get more credit. 

Message 4 of 77
GOldfishes
Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

had to call recon of course, they pulled TR for me, the CSR said that she cannot approve it because I cam carrying a balance on my CHASE BP, my CL is 1700, balance is 1746, she said once I pay it off to give a call back as that was her only reason she could not approve it (OVER THE LIMIT)..... So I just scheduled a payment for the full balance I took a cash advance from my NFCU card its only a matter od 2 percent for cash advance, Im fairly certain Ill have my whole NFCU card paid in full by Feburary? do you thinktommorow once the payment clears in my bank and posts to chase I will be able to get the CSP? once i get that im off to garden!!!! LOL

Not trying to be mean but if you need to take a cash advance to pay off a credit card, and not be able to pay off the advance in the next 5 months, you probably don't need to be trying to get more credit. 

+1. To be honest it is very irresponsible behavior. 

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 5 of 77
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

so you have a balance higher then the credit limit, and you decided to apply still..then you proceeded to take a personal loan to pay the card so you can app for the card that just said no cause you were over balance. 

personally,  I can see them saying no, cause it wasnt that you had a high balance, it was that you over spent the CL they gave you, which in there eyes shows that you might have a hard time managing credit, risk would be high on there end to give you another card. 

my thoughts are my thoughts and that only. 

you should have stuck to this

‎10-01-2013 12:47 PM

"Lol so true, I'm just gonna wait! Thanks for the info once again"

its not good info unless you take it and do what people suggest.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 6 of 77
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm on my phone and didn't notice the bt! There's a time when enough is enough. Paying a debt with a cc just to qualify for a new cc -that I assume you will use- doesn't make any sense. There's a $3000 spend req to meet the bonus; did you factor that cost into your repayment plan?

Truly, sorry if this sounds harsh it isn't meant to be - CSP's are not going anywhere. Please don't be blinded by the approvals esp if it doesn't make sense for you.
Message 7 of 77
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@GOldfishes wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

+1. To be honest it is very irresponsible behavior

OP, while it's understandable this is your own credit and you can do whatever; however, most folks chimed in with the best/honest advice and you still decided to apply and well - there you have it.  I can't say I blame Chase though since you are essentially demonstrating very risky behavior from an U/W perspective.  So, is robbing Peter to pay Paul a better solution?  Sign up bonus went away on CSP?  Nope, not the last time I checked.  CSP still available?  Yup.

Message 8 of 77
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Hey guys, I just got like motivation after reading all the CSP approvals, I'm not planing on spending, maybe just meet the bonus and PIF, I really just want to have a CSP, the rep said if I call within 30 days, it will he the same app and HP,
Message 9 of 77
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@GOldfishes wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

+1. To be honest it is very irresponsible behavior

OP, while it's understandable this is your own credit and you can do whatever; however, most folks chimed in with the best/honest advice and you still decided to apply and well - there you have it.  I can't say I blame Chase though since you are essentially demonstrating very risky behavior from an U/W perspective.  So, is robbing Peter to pay Paul a better solution?  Sign up bonus went away on CSP?  Nope, not the last time I checked.  CSP still available?  Yup.

I have to agree with the posters quote above.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of your lenders start taking adverse action against you.

If you don't have the money to pay your credit card bill, start saving. You should never take out a cash advance just to pay another credit card bill.

It seems like you didn't quite learn your lesson and everything that has happened to you before is happening again. Case in point: this

You obviously have a debt problem. You don't solve a debt problem by taking on more debt at higher interest rates.

Rewards card are not suitable for you either because any interest fees charged will outweigh rewards you earn by a huge margin.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.