Is the United Club card metal?

metal core I believe.  Just like CSP/CSR

Message 22 of 32
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

Re: so UPS just dropped off my 2rd CSR today

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Checked my mailbox , no CSRSmiley Sad

Smiley Sad me either AJC....but one day! Have no fear! I should be getting my CSP today or monday! woohooo!!!!!!!

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 32
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase sent me 4 Hyatt cards, Yes, 4 of them. I knew they would be sending two, since the first card did not have my Hyatt Gold Passport number on it and the second one did, but then they decided to send 4 all in separate envelopes, same card number.

I started thinking, Chase, I love you too, but this is getting a bit silly! Smiley Happy

Somewhere at Chase I suspect that the card making machine went a bit haywire.

Wow 4. Did all 4 of the cards have the same 3 digit CVV numbers on be back? I would assume it'll be a big mess if they were constantly sending extra cards with diff security numbers on the back even tho the front card numbers are the same lol

Yes, same CVV on all cards, if I remember correctly (that was a year ago, so it is possible they were different). I cut up 3 of the cards and kept one. I guess they really wanted to make sure that I received the card! Smiley Happy

Kinda scary if same CVV on all cards...imagine if someone snagged one in the mail...not very smart on Chase's end IMO.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:
That happened to my United Club! The box weighed like 6lb 😂

Is the United Club card metal?

metal core I believe.  Just like CSP/CSR

Thanks! Guess that's better than just plastic but wish it was more like the Ritz!

Message 25 of 32
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice. Must be common for Chase to send out duplicates. They sent me 3 Ritz Carlton cards, 2 metals and 1 plastic. Mine had a corrected rewards number though. They also sent me an envelope to return the others. I think I'll keep them as spare as well. They all have the same numbers and code at the back. As nice as that metal one is, it's too heavy to carry around. Just using the plastic one to carry around in my billfold. 

BILLFOLD! Haven't heard that in awhile!

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

i know its not CSR but chase did that with my CSP when i got that few years ago, it always nice to have spare card if one gets worn out too much lol. 

My CSP is used daily and I can see the the damage on the edges and where its swiped. I also noticed quite a few smudge marks and imprints from other cards embeded on the face of my CSP. I guess I will have to keep my CSP in the first slot.

I'm awaiting my CSR in about a week. Very excited Smiley Very Happy

Congrats to the OP!!!

Message 27 of 32
iced
Valued Contributor

Did a lot of people call to expedite the CSR? When I applied I didn't but it still arrived within 48 hours, so doing an expedite seems pointless.

I have never received a duplicate and I have never received an all-plastic card from Chase.

I haven't had a problem with the cards wearing out but maybe that's how I store them now. One card per slot in my wallet, and one card only. I also stopped putting wallet in back pockets so cards wouldn't bend or break as fast.

I can also confirm the Club is a metal core like the CSR.
Message 28 of 32
Aahz
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@noobody wrote:
On the contrary, they REFUSE give me a schedule to send the replacement of plastic CSR
I called and SM them couple times ask when they will send out the metal card, they just said it will be sent between Nov 1st and end of month, no firm date.
I do not want order a replacement, as it might change the CVV.

I believe if you request a replacement card in general or for a damaged card replacement, the card numbers and CVV are the exact same. It's when you request a replacement due to it being lost or stolen that everything changes. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you can always ask the customer service reps anyway.

When my daughter reported her CSR lost they sent a replacement card with the same number, exp date, and CVV.  They also send all thee cards out without any activation required.  Apparently Chase believes they're fraud-proof somehow Smiley Sad

Message 29 of 32
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@noobody wrote:
On the contrary, they REFUSE give me a schedule to send the replacement of plastic CSR
I called and SM them couple times ask when they will send out the metal card, they just said it will be sent between Nov 1st and end of month, no firm date.
I do not want order a replacement, as it might change the CVV.

I believe if you request a replacement card in general or for a damaged card replacement, the card numbers and CVV are the exact same. It's when you request a replacement due to it being lost or stolen that everything changes. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you can always ask the customer service reps anyway.

When my daughter reported her CSR lost they sent a replacement card with the same number, exp date, and CVV.  They also send all thee cards out without any activation required.  Apparently Chase believes they're fraud-proof somehow Smiley Sad

Scary. I had my card digits stolen but they issued me a new card with new numbers. Sounds like someone screwed up on your daughers card.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.