Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so ready to pull the trigger (finallly)

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

so ready to pull the trigger (finallly)

so yesterday the 2nd report removed the tax lien so now I have TU and EX with the tax lient removed.  its now time to do my mini spree and attempt to make my move to primeville.

I researched and I do know that I want to go for the BofA card to reep the beneifit of the additional 10% since I also bank with them, and I have a pre selected thing from their web site.  I have found that they seem to pull EX or TU so that is a good thing. 

Now for the rest of my mini spree I am taking some advice and not going for the Best Buy card for 2 reasons.  1. the feed back from others but 2. they have changed their rewards if you use either of their special financing option that come with the card (0%) is what i wanted it for for any larger future purchases you don't get the reward zone points anymore.  they have added it to the fine print.

So since what was goign to be the 2nd card in my spree I am debating again.  I am still considering macy's because i shop there ALOT. 

Do not reccomend amex.  I have amex via work and if find alot of places actually do not accept amex.  I would consider amex if I knew they would backdate to my corporate card but I don't beleive they do that.

SO ideas for my mini spree.?

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: so ready to pull the trigger (finallly)

cool for you!! I have a Macy's card and honestly NEVER use it, BUT if you look at AMEX blue cash and blue cash preferred you get 2% and 3% respectively on Macys purchases they also have other department stores like Kohl's and Nordstrom....check them out at the very least you will get 2% cash back with no AF with Amex BC, what do you get with Macy's...bubkus.....LOL!!!  Good luck!

Message 2 of 10
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey TimeToRecover!
Is there a reason why you are looking at store/department cards instead of Prime MCs/VISAs? With you score- (I don't know the rest if your profile). I would think that you are probably good for Freedom- Discover It- Barclays Rewards MC etc... Why not get a few good large network cards instead and reward yourself for your purchases. If you'd like to elaborate on your profile- maybe there are some other cards available to you. Thanks and Good Luck with your spree. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on finally getting that tax lien removed! Good luck on BoA and if you want Macy's and think the coupons are worth it; go ahead. I'd have to agree with improvingmycredit about Discover/Freedom.
Message 4 of 10
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Well im 1/2 happy......

I read and did try for the BCE  due to the macy's etc benefits and declined.  not sure how well recons go with AMEX....

BUT

I was approved for the BoA cash rewards for 5,000 so YAAAA i am officially into primeville.  Now to decide if I want to go for 1 more in my mini spree. 

In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 5 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good, you're on your way!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 6 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

Well im 1/2 happy......

I read and did try for the BCE  due to the macy's etc benefits and declined.  not sure how well recons go with AMEX....

BUT

I was approved for the BoA cash rewards for 5,000 so YAAAA i am officially into primeville.  Now to decide if I want to go for 1 more in my mini spree. 

Congrats on the approval, nice, and also best of luck with the recon, fingers crossed!!Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 7 of 10
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Does amex recon i thought amex was pretty much answer and thats it?

And if they do do you wait till you get the letter with reasons or call before?

Sorry im sure that has been said before but honestly i avoid all those posts I wasn't wanting to apply anywhere.  I mean this was my first app in 6 months after only 1 to get my initial card from cap 1 that was a preapproved thing to just put the code in.

Message 8 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

Does amex recon i thought amex was pretty much answer and thats it?

And if they do do you wait till you get the letter with reasons or call before?

Sorry im sure that has been said before but honestly i avoid all those posts I wasn't wanting to apply anywhere.  I mean this was my first app in 6 months after only 1 to get my initial card from cap 1 that was a preapproved thing to just put the code in.

Most of the post that I have read, say they do recon and many have waited to recon after receiving their letter,
I'm sure others will chime in, good luck!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 9 of 10
vpae
Established Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

Now for the rest of my mini spree I am taking some advice and not going for the Best Buy card for 2 reasons.  1. the feed back from others but 2. they have changed their rewards if you use either of their special financing option that come with the card (0%) is what i wanted it for for any larger future purchases you don't get the reward zone points anymore.  they have added it to the fine print.

SO ideas for my mini spree.?

It looks like the reward zone points change doesn't happen until 07/30. So if you're interested in a big purchase, now would be a good time. Also, the store card (not the mastercard) I have received generous CLI via a SP luv button every 6 months. So I would recommend it for that reason. I'm currently on a promotional financing for my new tv for 3 years at 0%. Smiley Happy

good luck and congrats!!

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.