Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

store cards not reporting

tag
TauruSmith
Established Member

store cards not reporting

In July I opened a VS store card and a Macy's store card. Both have shown up as inquiries, but are not reporting. I have made several purchases with each and paid them off in full. How long does it usually take before they report?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: store cards not reporting

For me, macys reported about 2 weeks after my first purchase
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys reported fairly quick for me to EX and EQ but still has not reported to TU. Had the card since mid august.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tauru

when you opened VS do you know who they pulled. I believe they only pull EX here in so cal. Also what CL did they give?

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
TauruSmith
Established Member

carter-

they pulled experian and I got a CL of 350 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some stores only report when you use the card. Example: you get the card in March. You use it in March and it reports to your credit file. The you don't use it anymore. It won't report until you used it again in say September. Jcp/GEMB is particularly bad about this.
Message 6 of 11
pdxuser
Contributor

Are there any that are particularly good about reporting to all three every month?
Message 7 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Some stores only report when you use the card. Example: you get the card in March. You use it in March and it reports to your credit file. The you don't use it anymore. It won't report until you used it again in say September. Jcp/GEMB is particularly bad about this.

What effect does this have on your FICO, if any?  I just opened some accounts with GEMB.

Message 8 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

pdxuser wrote:
Are there any that are particularly good about reporting to all three every month?

Home Depot store card (from Citi.) You don't have to be a home-owner --you can go buy a plant or dust cloths or something.

Best Buy store card (from HSBC), at least so far. I need to remember to stop by and get more blank CD's, or they'll shut me down.

Watch out for WFNNB, too (Express, J.Crew, Vicky's Secret, etc.) My J.Crew card would report that I had a balance, and then wouldn't bother to report that I had paid it off. The balance would display for 2 and 3 months before I could get them to update (had to dispute through the CRA's to make it happen.)

pdxuser, you're overthinking this thing! Go get your first card from your CU and get this thing rolling. Starting from scratch with no baddies: the credit world is laid out before you.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 11
pdxuser
Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
pdxuser, you're overthinking this thing!

Ha! I know.

So ... I'm guessing Best Buy and Home Depot aren't quite as easy to get as Macy's?

(I'm incorrigible.)

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.