Did you mean: 

store cards not reporting

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: store cards not reporting

pdxuser wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
pdxuser, you're overthinking this thing!

Ha! I know.

So ... I'm guessing Best Buy and Home Depot aren't quite as easy to get as Macy's?

(I'm incorrigible.)

It sounds like you're trying to do this all at once, and in order to get the best, ummm, bang for the buck, you need to make this a staged courtship.

If you try to go for the perfect set of cards and loans right off the bat, you will probably be declined by most for lack of history and then too many inqs.

You have a relationship with your CU; get that card working for you (note: you're about to lose having an opening date of October 2008 instead of November). Let that get some history in there. I don't know that you'll have to wait six months, especially if you get a loan of some type, which your CU loan officer has already told you you can get, if I remember correctly. Once you have a track record, you can maybe add a secured card from BofA, or you can wait a bit longer and go straight for the good stuff. But you just can't keep dawdling; time's a-wastin'!

Cripes, I'm about to ship you some candles, wine, and a Diana Krall CD just to get you moving here. Smiley Very Happy (Not for my benefit, I hasten to add --for your credit!)

And I repeat, you're running out of October.

eta: OP, I apologize. We've hijacked the fire out of your thread! Smiley Surprised
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-29-2008 08:26 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.