Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestions for next card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

suggestions for next card

I'm a college student, and I just got my first credit card 4 months ago. (CapitalOne Platinum Mastercard) 

I've been paying on time, and using 10%-15% of my credit limit monthly. Now, I've been wanting to apply for another credit card to increase my credit score even more.

Any suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Re: suggestions for next card

If you haven't already, req them for a CLI before applying soemwhere new.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We need to know your FICO scores, but a good starting point would be below.

Amazon.com Store Card

Apply for membership with NFCU and app for one of their cards. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any other info you can share about your profile?  Credit scores?  Is that 4 month old account the only one on your credit report right now?  What's your current credit limit on that Cap One card?  When you say you use 10-15% of your limit, do you mean you spend 10-15% of the limit (and pay it off) or you spend more than 10-15% of your limit but bring your balance down to 10-15% each cycle?  Thanks for the additional info.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Random_idiot wrote:

If you haven't already, req them for a CLI before applying soemwhere new.

Also, after you try for a CLI get on chat and ask if you can change to a QS. That will give you cash back on all your purchases.  If they say no, keep trying every few weeks until you do have an offer on your account.

Discover It is a student friendly card that will grow greatly with you and will be a freat card for life.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.