Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switched Nrewards to GOrewards (NFCU)

tag
USF813
Frequent Contributor

switched Nrewards to GOrewards (NFCU)

Just switched my Nrewards to GOrewards due to the fact that GOrewards does not charge foreign transaction fees. That's a HUGE benefit for me. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: switched Nrewards to GOrewards (NFCU)

New tradeline? Hard pull?

Message 2 of 13
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Neither. It was a simple PC.

Message 3 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@USF813 wrote:

Thanks! I PC'd my nRewards to goRewards soon after reading your first post. I've actually been contemplating doing this, your post finally made me do it. The rep confirmed that it would be the same account number and history, so it's basically switching the rewards package. I redeemed my nRewards points before switching while the rep was on the phone since you can't keep the points when doing a PC. Funny thing, the rep and her supervisor did not know that the goRewards has no foreign exchange fee, but after being put on hold several times, the rep finally confirmed it and thanked me for making her aware of it.

Message 4 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@USF813 wrote:

Was there a CLI in it for you as well or did they just roll over your CLI from the other card?

Message 5 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@USF813 wrote:

Was there a CLI in it for you as well or did they just roll over your CLI from the other card?

There's no hard pull, and it's considered the same account, so no limits are being moved around.

Message 6 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@USF813 wrote:

There's no hard pull, and it's considered the same account, so no limits are being moved around.

Thanks. I like planning ahead. Im just a new member of NFCU but in a year or so I may PC to another card if they get a new one with better rewards. 

Message 7 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I did this a few months back.  IMO, goRewards is the best card offered by NFCU.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 8 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

In your opinion, is it because it has more rewards than just airfare? I have noticed very large CL's with the flagship card but it doesnt seem to have as many non-travel rewards.

Message 9 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

In your opinion, is it because it has more rewards than just airfare? I have noticed very large CL's with the flagship card but it doesnt seem to have as many non-travel rewards.

It is because the rewards are flexible: cash, travel, or merchandise, there is no annual fee, and there is no foreign transaction fee.   It is the only card offered by NFCU with this combination.  For me, I have other cards that I use much more often than NFCU, so the annual fee, even though small, is not worth it for me, especially when the flagship doesn't even have EMV.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.