Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchrony bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: synchrony bank

@Anonymous wrote:

How long do you think I should before trying again??

How recent is your bankruptcy?

Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharged in December 

Message 12 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

They seem to be a bit tougher.  I had to wait awhile to get credit limit increases as opposed to Comenity Bank.  Whch will give me one every month on Vickies.  

Message 13 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow you've done great. I hope I can get there.

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Discharged in December 

December might be a little too recent for them. Maybe try again in 6 months after your new cards have a chance to age a bit.

Message 15 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow you've done great. I hope I can get there.

Just follow the advice from all the experts on here and you will do the same.  Smiley Wink  I learned more than I can say from being here only 8 months!

Message 16 of 44
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My tu is 620 and eq640. I had a recent bankruptcy, but I have been approved for the cards listed in earlier post since.

The old rule of thumb was that Sync wouldn't approve if you had a BK within the past 2 years.   Many have had success at getting in before this, but that may give you more of a guideline.   I'd wait six months at least, let some of your INQs age off, and try again.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 17 of 44
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

With more positive history on current TLs BK effect will diminish. It carries most weight with limited history. Since we're talking this past December theres little point to adding more unnecessary pulls. The general consensus is correct..... no more Sych apps until the year is complete.

Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I got a $13,500 CLI with Synchrony. I think I could have gotten more. Since I'm waiting for my scores to go higher, I thought i'd try the CLI avenue. 

Message 19 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Terrible Bank! They approved me for Walmart card 5-6 months ago and gave me a $150 limit.  Paid my bill every month and on time, asked for limit increase was denied.  I wasn't even asking for much either to just bump me to $500, as I use my card when I go grocery shopping.  The last two months I haven't bothered to use my card much because my grocery bill was between 180 and 250.  Couldn't even use the card if I wanted to wasn't enough to cover the charge, ended up using my debit card instead.  I've tried several times for limit increase still denies me every time.  Once I pay this card off, cutting it up and putting it in the trash! Terrible company, Terrible customer service!

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.